In this grown-up world, keeping in touch can be a challenge. Seriously — when was the last time you exchanged more than emoji with your pals? Our upcoming Re:Make speaker Sophia Rossi has us thinking about our besties (yes, she’s the one who started HelloGiggles with BFF Zooey Deschanel; get tix to see her at Re:Make here!) Our favorite way to keep a daily reminder of your favorite people is a good old-fashioned DIY bracelet crafting sesh. From string bead creations to woven designs, you can easily whip up a look that feels as original as your friendship.
To help get you started, here are 18 awesome tutorials that feel a touch more adult than your summer camp staples.
1. Tube Bracelet: This metal bar bracelet is simple yet surprisingly elegant. All you need is a tube charm and a cord to run through it. Add some beads on the ends for a little extra detail ;) Don’t forget to make one for yourself! (via Honestly WTF)
5. Rhinestone Strands: This simple DIY requires a waxed cotton cord, floss and a strand of rhinestones. Wind the floss between the rhinestones in order to attach the stones to the waxed cord. Add a button clasp for easy removal. (via Brit + Co)
8. Metal Stamped Bracelets: Using our handy metal stamping kit, write a message to your bud (feel free to take our lead and borrow a cute phrase from Tay Swift!) instead of going ye olde floss route. (via Brit + Co)
9. Camp Classic: This is one DIY that’ll take you straight back to summer camp. Set up different seed beads in little bowls, string some needles through thread or fishing line and round up your friends for a fun afternoon craft sesh. (via Say Yes)
11. Macrame Stones: Make your friends a good luck charm with this easy macrame stone necklace DIY. Use all-natural hemp twine for a super earthy necklace and put the stone of your choice in the center. (via Sustainability In Style)
12. Cool Monochrome: This is an awesome fresh take on a familiar old thing. Make those floss friendship bracelets with all one color. Guaranteed, your friends won’t want to take these off. (via Purl Bee)
13. Infinity Charm: Friendship is forever, right? Deviate from just a normal braided bracelet with this DIY featuring an infinity charm. Find ’em super easily on various Etsy stores. (via High on DIY)
17. Colorful Tassels: These gorgeous DIY tassel necklaces are a surefire way to make you and your friends stand out. Switch up the type of bead you use at the end to add a personal touch for each friend. We love pairing with our boldest swimwear and sundresses for a fun summer look. (via Made in a Day)
Do you and your besties wear friendship jewelry? Tell us in the comments below!