In case you missed it, Pantone unveiled two 2016 Colors of the Year — Serenity and Rose Quartz. As soon as you see the colors, it becomes obvious why Pantone raves about “the beauty of this harmonious color pairing.” Make it a New Year’s resolution to soften the dark jewel tones of last year with the pastel peacefulness of 2016. Instead of going all out with pastel shades, let the pink and blue balance each other out perfectly with one of these DIY projects. From gift wrap to planters, these DIYs prove these colors aren’t just for nursery decor anymore.
1. Mini Face Planter DIY: Egg cups for eggs? Soft boiled eggs are practically impossible to achieve, so turn them into adorable little pink and blue succulent planters. (via Sugar and Cloth)
2. DIY Agate Pendant: Colorful jewelry is just the thing you need for your OOTD. Especially if it’s just a sweater and leggings. (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY No-Sew Cotton Clutch: Half pink, half blue — this clutch was *made* to rock those contrasting Pantone tones. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Color Dipped Wine Glasses: A collection of pastel stemmed glasses will go great on that gold bar cart. (via Boulevard Pink)
5. DIY Ombre Dip Dye Throw Pillows: Pastels are a great way to brighten up couch or bed. And they’re not just for summer — those wintry gray days could totally use a dose of light pink cheer. (via Lovely Indeed)
6. DIY Scalloped Ornaments: Go for a non-traditional NYE theme this year and make light pink and blue ornaments out of tissue paper. (via A Bubbly Life)
7. DIY Monogram Clutch: Monograms are a fun way to give clutch bags their own personal touch. Do yours, then do some for your friends. (via Swellmayde)
8. DIY Plant Holder: Give your house plant a Pantone-inspired update by dipping the basket in blue paint and adding a light pink pom pom trim along the top. (via The Blondielocks)
9. DIY Pastel Color Blocked Vases: Update plain glass vases with stripes of color. Group three or five of them together to make a pretty centerpiece. (via Sarah Hearts)
10. DIY Pink + Blue Backgammon: You’ll be the envy of game night with this colorful backgammon board. It’s so cool you might be tempted to hang it on the wall as art instead. (via Lovely Indeed)
11. DIY Jingle Bell Hanging: Your bestie (and their front door) will be jingling all the way with these festive door hangings inspired by friendship bracelets. (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Rope Basket: The coolness of a hand woven basket meets the practical magic (and speed) of a hot glue gun to create this totally modern basket with blue accents. (via The House That Lars Built)
13. DIY Baked Bath Salts: A tiny bit of food coloring is all you need to make bath salts in pink + blue or any other color. If you’re giving them away as a gift, create a little scent sampler with different essential oils. (via By Brittany Goldwyn)
How are you bringing Pantone’s new colors into your home? Tweet us your thoughts @BritandCo and follow us on Pinterest for more Pantone inspiration.