13 DIY Paper Ornaments That Are Cheap to Make
The holiday season can be a bit rough on our wallets. And while a few fancy Christmas tree ornaments and an epic tree topper are Christmas musts, there are ways to supplement your decor with this little old thing called paper. Cheap, affordable and easy to make, these gorgeous paper ornaments can be made in a matter of minutes and are sure to stand out from the rest. So get down with you crafty self this weekend and cut, fold and glue your way to a very bright + beautiful paper Christmas.
1. Tassel Trimmings: For a light and airy look, try these cutout paper ornaments. They’ll only take you a few minutes to whip up and are perfect for a lightweight fake tree that can’t handle heavy ornaments. (via Brit + Co)
7. Himmeli Very Merry: Infuse a little Finnish culture into your holiday cheer with these geometric paper straw ornaments. This modern spin on the traditional Himmeli ornament, which is usually made of straw, has our geometric-loving hearts aflutter. (via Nalle’s House)
8. Christmas Gone Mod: Simple yet edgy, these poppy ornaments will stand out on your green Christmas tree. If you’re looking for a more modern tree to match these ornaments, try a silver or white one. (via Minted)
9. Starry-Eyed: Three-dimensional ornaments stand out better than flat ones, and these stars are no exception. Craft them in the colors you love to match your holiday decorating theme. These ornaments would be perfect on a tree or hanging in a window for some holiday cheer. (via Kate’s Creative Space)
11. Paper Power: Grab some spare scrapbook paper and get to crafting. This simple ornament is a paper take on the classic Christmas bauble. Since there are no folds and minimum cutting, your little ones could also join in to help. (via The Crafty Sisters)
12. Dashing Diamonds: Go for the gold with these folded creations. Faceted paper diamonds are sure to draw all your holiday guests’ attention. Use metallic paper for some added bling. (via How About Orange)
13. Picture Perfect: Making memories as you decorate is fun, but so is incorporating old ones. These geo cubes can be made with photographs to create a wonderful trip down memory lane. (via Brit + Co)
Scene: It's a few days before Thanksgiving and you've just found out you're hosting your pod's Friendsgiving, kids and all — help! Well, you've come to the right place because together with Camp by Walmart, we're showing you how to put together a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving tablescape in a few easy-to-recreate steps. Even the kids can get in on the fun as you learn how to design pumpkin-printed placemats or a glittering table runner in this choose-your-own-adventure crafting video. Head on over to Camp by Walmart to watch it now.