Here Are the Top 24 DIY Spring Projects According to Pinterest
It’s (finally) spring, which means that a whole slew of new DIY inspiration is blooming on Pinterest. Not surprisingly, all of the pins revolve around organization hacks, wardrobe updates, spring decor ideas and a few crafty ideas for keeping the kids entertained. Trends come and go, but you can always depend on Pinterest to show us what’s happening in the DIY world. With thousands and thousands of re-pins trying to lure you into a beautiful wormhole of DIY projects, you’ll be thankful that we found the top projects for you to try out first. Scroll on to discover the 24 most popular DIY projects trending on Pinterest right now.
1. Marbled Clay Ring Dish: Did you spring clean your dresser and find a whole bunch of jewelry you’d “forgotten” about? Whoops. Display your new finds and old faves in these awesome marble DIY ring dishes. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. How to Make a Small Office Space Work: If you’re short on space, take the storage vertical with open shelving. Hack an IKEA desk and an office chair with gold knobs and gold paint to make your office look more high end. Be sure to surround yourself with things that make you smile to help encourage you to keep hustlin’. (via The Fashionista’s Diary)
3. DIY Balloon Stand: Now that the weather is warming up, little entrepreneurs are looking to make a buck or two. Who would drive past an adorable balloon stand? Nobody. DIY a few balloon wands with duct tape bows and tassels, or let buyers buy stickers to decorate their own balloons. (via Studio DIY)
5. Watercolor Paint on Fabric: Spring brings on major cravings for color, and that means giving your throw pillow collection a pastel makeover. Dip dyeing is addicting — especially when you get the knack of a perfect ombre blend — so don’t be surprised if you end up making an entire set of these dreamy watercolor pillows. (via Ella Claire)
6. Photo Puzzle Gift: Personalized gifts are the best, and a photo gift is a perfect choice for proud moms, dads and grandparents. DIY a photo puzzle that’ll leave your friends and family reliving the good times while they piece together your face. Want to make it a little extra challenging? Choose a photo for each of the six sides. (via eHow)
7. IKEA LATT Table Hack: Every Picasso Jr. needs a workspace, and you can’t beat the price of the LATT table. Your kids will be quick to claim the spot that’s perfectly comfy for homework or crafting, updated with just a coat of paint. (via Cook Like a Champion)
8. DIY Crayon Holder: Give your kids a room that encourages creative play, and give them plenty of craft materials. If you need a way to keep their craft supplies (somewhat) organized, DIY this crayon holder and let them personalize it with alphabet stickers. They’ll actually have fun putting their crayons back. (via That’s My Letter)
9. Tissue Paper FLowers: Flowers are gonna start popping up anytime now. But until that actually happens, you can get started on adding florals into your life with these giant DIY paper blooms. Whether you need a backdrop for Mother’s Day or you’re planning a baby shower, these long-lasting options are just the thing to get your spring “greening” started. (via Design Every Day)
10. Mix Chalkboard Paint in Any Color: Chalkboards are awesome backdrops for parties and weddings, but sometimes you just need a little more color. DIY your own custom colors with acrylic or latex paint, and make your next chalkboard sign truly one of a kind. (via A Beautiful Mess)
11. CD Placemat: These pebble coasters are just the thing for your outdoor entertaining. Dazzle your friends with some homemade cocktails, but make sure you’ve got all your surfaces covered… just in case. (via Lifestylrr)
12. DIY Mother’s Day Brunch Centerpiece: Take that floral centerpiece to a new level of adorable and add a few of these butterflies. Attach butterfly stickers to small dowels and get ready for Mom to ooh and ahh over how thoughtful and creative you are. (via Design Improvised)
13. Mason Jar Herb Garden: For apartments with a slice of free vertical space, this tall, skinny planter might be just the ticket. With only a few basic materials and a little creativity, you can customize the design to fit your decor and build an easy-peasy herb garden from the bottom up. (via Camille Styles)
14. File Cabinet Makeover: When it comes to getting the home office of your dreams, DIY is the way to go. Customize and hack pieces to fit into your lifestyle, and never settle for an ugly file cabinet. Mount picture frames right onto the drawer fronts for a seriously chic update. (via While They Snooze)
15. DIY Pink Mason Jar Candles: If your glass jar collection is getting out of hand, it’s time to repurpose them into something awesome. Follow this DIY to turn glass pink (or any other color), and then use your new jars to make candles or vases. (via Hello Glow)
16. Glitter Slime: It doesn’t matter what season it is, it’s always nice to find a fun craft to keep the kids busy. Slime is one of the best after-school activities because it only requires a couple of ingredients. Bonus: You can customize everything about it, right down to the color and the scent. (via The 36th Avenue)
17. Craft Room Wall: Pegboards work like a dream in a craft room because they’re so customizable and modifiable. Use a mix of hooks, shelves and baskets to get those rolls of tape and spools of ribbon off your table, but still within reach. (via Craft-o-Maniac)
18. DIY Wall Art: One of the easiest ways to make it look like a grownup lives in your apartment is to get a good piece of art on the wall. DIY an abstract masterpiece with a masking tape pattern, and then enjoy peeling the strips off one by one while you stream The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. (via Refinery 29)
19. DIY Hose Storage: If you’re feeling brave enough to tackle the garage during your spring cleaning, you’re going to need a few organization hacks up your sleeve. To start, use a coat hook and plastic chain to get your hoses and extension cords off the floor. (via The Family Handyman)
20. DIY Modern Bedframe: Repurpose a mattress and box spring into a sleek and minimal bedframe with this easy DIY. The whole bed will cost about $50 to make and is a quick and easy way to transform the guest bed into something special. (via The Clever Bunny)
21. DIY Clothing Pin Cable Tidy: Tackle the bane of a well-designed workspace: those messy, pesky, ever-tangled cords. From chargers to headphones to power cords and more, these electronic lifelines can be downright unruly until you get them under control with this easy DIY organization hack. (via Buzzfeed)
22. DIY Dip Dyed Sneakers: If your feet are ready to say adieu to your boots and opt for something brighter and lighter, these ombre DIY sneakers are just the thing to go with those newly acquired spring outfit essentials. Dip dye your way to a new pair of steppers that are guaranteed to get your #OOTDs a double tap or two. (via Do-Ityourselfx)
23. Umbrella Wreath: You know what they say about April showers bringing flowers… but why wait until May rolls around? Skip the wreath this spring and DIY an umbrella full of blooms for a fun statement on your front door. (via Random Thoughts)
24. DIY Neon Letter Light: Neon signs have made a comeback in a big (and pretty expensive) way. If you’re looking for a way to get the glow, DIY a unique neon sign and instantly brighten up your room with a witty saying or a cute shape, like clouds and hearts and all that goodness. (via I Spy DIY)
What is the coolest DIY project you’ve seen trending on Pinterest? Keep the pinning party going by following us on Pinterest for even more craft inspo and fun projects.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)