Celebrate Wine Week With DIY Wine Gummies
Olivia Pope, Kathy Lee, Hoda and everyone at B+C (including me) would like to wish you a Happy Wine Week! Today, May 25th, is national Wine Day, so why not turn it into a whole week of celebrating? We kicked off our celebration with homemade wine gummies using red wine and unflavored gelatin. What’s great about this recipe is that you can make it with any type of wine. If you are a Chardonnay lover, use that. Think Pinot is the way to go? Use that! Pair these gummies with a wine slushie, red wine pasta and a Scandal marathon to get the party started ;)
— 1 cup wine
— 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
— 1 teaspoon sugar
— 4 Tablespoons or packets of unflavored gelatin
1. Pour 1 cup of wine into a pot and heat to about 180 – 200 degrees Fahrenheit (right before boiling).
2. Tear open a packet of gelatin and sprinkle into the wine. Stir until dissolved. Repeat for all 4 packets/tablespoons of gelatin.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
4. Pour mixture into molds or pan and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
5. If using a pan, remove the gummy from the pan and punch out designs with cookie cutters.
Pour a cup of wine into a pot and heat to about 180 – 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pour in each packet of gelatin separately and stir until combined. Then mix in one teaspoon of sugar and one tablespoon of maple syrup.
Pour the mixture into a pan or molds and set in the fridge for two hours to let harden.
Fun molds make everything better. We went for gems and stars.
Loosen the sides of the giant gummy and flip onto parchment paper. Use letter cookie cutters to punch out sassy sayings.
Wine time all the time, please :)
Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!
DIY Production and Styling: Kelly Bryden
Photography: Kurt Andre