Drop everything — no, but really — we’ve got 14 reasons why drop waist dresses will be your go-to this fall. Summer brought us the gift that keeps on giving with the off-the-shoulder trend, and this fall will be the season to drop it like it’s hot. Luckily, you don’t have to wait until warm weather days drift away to don this ultra-wearable trend. Just below, we found 14 gorgeous versions just waiting to be clicked into your cart. This swingy silhouette is the perfect combination of romantic and laid back, which makes it ideal for both first dates and low-key parties alike. Not to mention the flouncy hem is ideal for twirling on your haters a la Queen Bey.
1. ASOS Suncoo Open Back Drop Waist Dress ($152): If green means go, then red means stop… for compliments, which is exactly what this little red number will get you. Dress this stunner up with standout heels and architectural earrings for an end-of-summer wedding, or play it low key with creepers and band bracelets for a GNO.
2. ace&jig Rally Frock Dress ($265): Talk about a total time-saver — this frock takes all of the hard work out of print-mixing. No more throwing on mismatched tops and skirts only to look in the mirror and realize that the pairing is clashing just a little too much.
3. & Other Stories Pastel Paradise Wrap Dress ($65): This little dress is a sweet take on the flapper-inspired silo. And the pop-art pattern in soft sorbet hues? Major bonus.
4. Chelsea28 Drop Waist Dress ($139): Give your little black dress a break and opt for something a bit bolder instead. This emerald wonder is perfect for a night on the town (with plenty of twirling on the dance floor, of course).
5. ASOS Vila Embellished Drop Waist Dress ($73): Breezy and beautiful, this frock is east coast cool at its finest (i.e. it was practically made for seaside strolls and noshing on lobster rolls, so feel free to book a plane ticket immediately).
6. Ganni Ruffle Shift Dress in Cork Flowers ($155): Get into the swing of things with this floral drop waist dress. Its cool, neutral tones will work perfectly for that tricky summer-to-fall transition.
7. Free People Hot Child Mini Dress ($168): This breezy little dress offers proof that the devil is in the details — namely, floral cut handwork and a keyhole back. The rich jewel tone makes it an ideal candidate for early fall strolls or weekend brunches.
8. Cupcakes and Cashmere “Tenley” Shift Dress ($115): Leave it to Cupcakes and Cashmere’s Emily Schuman to come up with a perfect-for-work dress that’s equal parts professional and feminine. #Girlboss, anyone?
9. LOFT Gingham Drop Waist Dress ($70): This little gem has us thinking, “Um, is it the weekend yet?” because we’d just love to hit up an end-of-summer BBQ in this frock. Pair with a soft-leather rolled clutch and skinny strapped heels for an elegant upgrade.
10. Jack by BB Dakota Nately Dress ($70): This is not your typical boho babe dress. The drop waist silhouette lends a modern edge to a ’70s-inspired print.
11. Free People Carys Yard Slip ($50): Simple, unfussy and totally cool — this slip dress has us dreaming up some amazing jacket pairings for cooler temps. Think: an army green silk bomber or a Cognac suede moto jacket.
12. Banana Republic Tiered-Ruffle Drop Waist Dress ($128): This fashion-forward take on a classic dress adds some edge to a typically flirty silhouette. The contrasting pleats at the hem lend an artistic touch that is trend right for late summer and early fall.
13. Abercrombie & Fitch Mock Neck Drop Waist Dress ($58): Excuse us if we’re getting ahead of ourselves, but we think this will be your new favorite dress for fall. The burnt orange hue is giving us major pumpkin spice vibes, and we’re totally cool with it.