Head Turners: 20 Sets of Ear Muffs You Need Right Now
It’s no secret that we’re fans of the beanie. But let’s be real: Hiding a good hair day is borderline criminal. We’ve got the solution for keeping those sound satellites warm while showcasing your kickass coif. Hat’s off to the ear muff!
1. Leia Ear Muff ($55): As much as you’d love to style your hair in Star Wars fashion on a daily basis, sometimes you just can’t commit to a bun duet all day. For you, removable Princess inspiration that doubles as an aural cozy.
2. Free People Nico Ear Muff ($30): There is just way too much hippie hipsterness going on here. And we love every element of it.
3. Pom Poms ($31): The description states that these will make you “a star on the streets.” We tend to agree: Poms are the bomb.
4. Heart with Faux Fur ( $22): This is a goodie we found in the girls’ department, and we’re just going to go ahead and steal it from the younger set.
5. Powder Pink Wearable Art ($28): Holy hugely awesome girliness. We’re always down for oversized anything and everything.
6. Nordic-Inspired Knit ($30): Scandinavians know a thing or two when it comes to making a cozy winter design. Need proof? Ladies and gentleman, may we submit Exhibit A.
7. Woolrich Mad Plaid ($14): From a 23-year-old year old fashionista to an 81-year-old ice fisherman, these kickback classics translate into awesomeness no matter who’s wearing them.
8. Free People Wideband ($30): Simply, yes please.
9. Sleigh Bell Grey Snowflake ($30): Do you ear what we ear? When you put these little lovelies on, you hear the tinkling of sleigh bells. (We may or may not have just made that up.)
10. Softie At Heart ($20): You know what would really turn heads while you execute a perfect triple axel on the ice? These lavender warm fuzzies.
11. Mustard Merino Wool ($47): Can we all just agree that goldenrod is the official color of winter 2013/14?
12. Heart Warming ($25): You can hardly go wrong with hearts… although we would be curious what these would look like with a little glitter or sequin.
13. Orinoco Flower ($20): Wearing your favorite Norwegian sweater? Great. We’ve found the perfect accessory for them. And now so have you.
14. Classic Vintage Bow ($11): It doesn’t get more luxurious than this –– angora and lambswool adorned with black pearl beads. No wonder they’re all wrapped up in a bow.
15. Woodland Toadstool ($30): Calling all Mario Bros. fangirls, Alice In Wonderland junkies, and those of you who just like a good fungi when you see one –– these ‘shrooms need to be a part of your life.
16. Owl Knit ($27): Whoooo, whooo, who wants to wrap these headphones muffs around their noggins? We don’t know about you, but we’re owl over them. (We’ll stop now.)
17. Geek Chic ($62): Of course Kate Spade would come up with an adorable way to warm your ears while you listen to your tunes. Does she ever disappoint? No, no she does not.
18. Toscana Shearling ($118): Hand-cut and hand-sewn from the wool of a lamb that was once only found in Toscana –– have discerning taste? We’ve found your ear muffs.
19. Intarsia ($45): Baby, it’s cold outside. But Jack Frost will hardly be able to nip at you when you’re sporting these snowflake-motif beauts.
20. Plush Leo Leopard ($10): We are going on a frozen tundra safari. Care to wrap yourself in faux fur and join? BrrrRoar!
Let us know what head topper you prefer in the comments section below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.