Head Turners: 20 Sets of Ear Muffs You Need Right Now
It’s no secret that we’re fans of the beanie. But let’s be real: Hiding a good hair day is borderline criminal. We’ve got the solution for keeping those sound satellites warm while showcasing your kickass coif. Hat’s off to the ear muff!
1. Leia Ear Muff ($55): As much as you’d love to style your hair in Star Wars fashion on a daily basis, sometimes you just can’t commit to a bun duet all day. For you, removable Princess inspiration that doubles as an aural cozy.
2. Free People Nico Ear Muff ($30): There is just way too much hippie hipsterness going on here. And we love every element of it.
3. Pom Poms ($31): The description states that these will make you “a star on the streets.” We tend to agree: Poms are the bomb.
4. Heart with Faux Fur ( $22): This is a goodie we found in the girls’ department, and we’re just going to go ahead and steal it from the younger set.
5. Powder Pink Wearable Art ($28): Holy hugely awesome girliness. We’re always down for oversized anything and everything.
6. Nordic-Inspired Knit ($30): Scandinavians know a thing or two when it comes to making a cozy winter design. Need proof? Ladies and gentleman, may we submit Exhibit A.
7. Woolrich Mad Plaid ($14): From a 23-year-old year old fashionista to an 81-year-old ice fisherman, these kickback classics translate into awesomeness no matter who’s wearing them.
8. Free People Wideband ($30): Simply, yes please.
9. Sleigh Bell Grey Snowflake ($30): Do you ear what we ear? When you put these little lovelies on, you hear the tinkling of sleigh bells. (We may or may not have just made that up.)
10. Softie At Heart ($20): You know what would really turn heads while you execute a perfect triple axel on the ice? These lavender warm fuzzies.
11. Mustard Merino Wool ($47): Can we all just agree that goldenrod is the official color of winter 2013/14?
12. Heart Warming ($25): You can hardly go wrong with hearts… although we would be curious what these would look like with a little glitter or sequin.
13. Orinoco Flower ($20): Wearing your favorite Norwegian sweater? Great. We’ve found the perfect accessory for them. And now so have you.
14. Classic Vintage Bow ($11): It doesn’t get more luxurious than this –– angora and lambswool adorned with black pearl beads. No wonder they’re all wrapped up in a bow.
15. Woodland Toadstool ($30): Calling all Mario Bros. fangirls, Alice In Wonderland junkies, and those of you who just like a good fungi when you see one –– these ‘shrooms need to be a part of your life.
16. Owl Knit ($27): Whoooo, whooo, who wants to wrap these headphones muffs around their noggins? We don’t know about you, but we’re owl over them. (We’ll stop now.)
17. Geek Chic ($62): Of course Kate Spade would come up with an adorable way to warm your ears while you listen to your tunes. Does she ever disappoint? No, no she does not.
18. Toscana Shearling ($118): Hand-cut and hand-sewn from the wool of a lamb that was once only found in Toscana –– have discerning taste? We’ve found your ear muffs.
19. Intarsia ($45): Baby, it’s cold outside. But Jack Frost will hardly be able to nip at you when you’re sporting these snowflake-motif beauts.
20. Plush Leo Leopard ($10): We are going on a frozen tundra safari. Care to wrap yourself in faux fur and join? BrrrRoar!
Let us know what head topper you prefer in the comments section below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.