7 Easy Hairstyles for Winter Wedding Guests
Whether your hair is long, short, curly, or straight, finding the right hairdo for a friend’s wedding is always a challenge. But you don’t have to blend in when you can capture the crowd (without taking attention away from the bride, of course) with a few simple, yet oh-so-special hairstyles. From slicked-back ponytails to voluminous braids, these ‘dos will take you through winter wedding season in style.
1. Pearl Twist: When you want to opt for a ponytail, it doesn’t have to be boring. Use a teasing comb and some texturizing spray like Amika Un.Done Texture Spray ($10) for serious volume at the root, then focus your French twist downward and secure with pearl pins.
2. Braided Bun: Time to show off that texture, girl! Embrace your curly side with tightly coiled bangs coupled with a reverse French-braided top knot.
3. Braided Ponytail: To bump up the texture, toss in a braid that you can wrap right into your go-to pony. Keep the vibe a bit more laid-back by pulling apart the braid.
4. Slicked-Back: The wet-hair look, seen on everyone from Beyoncé to Selena Gomez, isn’t going anywhere any time soon. And that’s good news because, with the help of a little styling cream or gel like Bumble and Bumble Gel ($26), you can keep your slicked-back style going strong all day long.
5. Side-Parted Braids: Add a fun twist on the trending hairstyle by opting for a side part rather than a straight-down-the-middle option. Your locks will be away from your face so you can dance the night away.
6. Tight Bun: Calling all you minimalist ladies, this is the look to rock when you want your style to do the talking. For second- or third-day hair, turn to a tight bun that is as sleek as it is chic.
7. Crown Braid: For some serious boho vibes, a crown braid will do the trick. It’s a great way to show off a new pair of earrings or a chic neck tattoo — plus all those flyaways will be an issue of the past.
Tweet us your favorite winter wedding hairstyles @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.