Lately, we’ve been on a mission to make our daily lives a little greener. Along with putting in a conscious effort to shop sustainably, we’ve also been trying new eco-friendly alternatives to our most well-loved essentials (and yes, that includes our tampons). Our next big green challenge? We’re ditching plastic bags for eco-friendly totes. But instead of settling for a drab green tote in the grocery store checkout aisle, we’ve decided to invest in a few adorable tote bags that’ll keep Mother Earth happy AND complement our personal style.
1. Depeapa Organic Canvas Tote ($22): Spanish designer Verónica de Arriba is helping ladies everywhere look fab while saving landfills from unnecessary plastic bags. Handmade, ethically produced, and chlorine-free, we love the chic design — and the hidden girlboss message ;)
2. Brittany Garner Design Some Groceries Tote ($22): If you’re not carrying around a tote with a witty phrase on it, what’s the point of carrying it at all? This adorable bag proclaims to the world that you’re going to make the most out of even the dullest of chores.
3. Ban.do Here Comes the Fun Canvas Tote ($20): Bright, graphic, and totally ‘80s, this sweet canvas tote from Ban.do will make any shopping trip a blast from the past.
4. Free People Santa Cruz Tote ($40): This one’s for you night owls out there. With a gorgeous striped pattern and oh-so-chic typography, Free People’s adorable extra-large tote is ready for *all* of your sustainable splurges.
5. Brit + Co Gold Foil Tote Kit ($25): Can’t find a tote bag that perfectly captures your personal style? Have yourself a DIY weekend and make your own with our Gold Foil Tote Kit exclusive to Target. The kit gives you all the instructions and materials you need (plus a little extra for other projects), so you can totally customize your everyday tote with everything from your squad’s catchphrase to your favorite pattern.
6. Carhartt WIP Work Tote ($45): War… oops, we mean work… is over! This graphic tote will match practically anything you own and is roomy enough to carry a ton of shopping.
7. Fable and Black Oscar Wilde Quote Tote Bag ($12): Display your brilliance to the world with this fab tote bag from maker Stacey Caunt. Not only is it perfect for carrying around your fresh veggies from the farmers’ market, but it’s also sturdy enough to lug around your book obsession.
8. Printed Village Pelican Tote Bag ($38): This extra-large printed tote bag is effortlessly adorable and definitely on our watch list. For anyone who’d rather break their arms than take two trips to bring up their groceries, you’re going to *love* how much you can fit in this bag.
9. Urban Outfitters Shania Glitter Tote Bag ($29): Life demands more glitter. This sweet tote bag is totally transparent and has a hint of sparkle to keep you fabulous wherever you go.
10. Marimekko Pieni Siirtolapuutarha Cotton Bag ($39): Designer Maija Louekari’s Pieni Siirtolapuutarha print (AKA small garden city) looks absolutely stunning on this heavyweight cotton tote bag.
11. Made on Main VT Market Tote Bag ($55): If you’re looking for a tote to last you all through farmers’ market season, look no further. Made with natural linen and modern printed cotton, it’s a surefire way to stay sustainable throughout the summer.
Which tote would you bring as your shopping companion? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.