Cinco de Mayo is approaching, and it’s the perfect reason to throw a party. And it’s not just because we can make all the delicious Mexican recipes (tacos are . a great place to start) and margaritas you’ve Pinned, or to play all the mariachi or ranchera music you’ve queued up. It’s also a chance to break out your best party DIYs. So bring on the papel picado banners, DIY piñatas, and giant paper flowers. It’s fiesta time!
1. Printable Papel Picado Invitation: Get the party started with these printable invites. The classic pattern and bright colors are just right for a bash to remember. (via Bespoke Bride)
2. Printable Mexican Otomi Table Runner: This fabulous table runner is not only gorgeous, you can print it at home. The future is now and we’re loving it. (via Damask Love)
3. DIY Clay Cactus Candle Holders: These gilded candle holders are the cutest cacti accents we’ve seen in ages. And since they’re made of air clay, they’re an absolute cinch to make. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. Key Lime Beergaritas: A signature drink you can make in large quantities will make your hostessing duties a little easier. And that’s a good thing, because this cocktail is so tasty, you’ll want to have LOTS on hand. (via Brit + Co)
5. Cinco de Mayo Paper Wedding Bouquet: These hand-rolled paper flowers will add amazing color to your tablescape, bar cart, shelves, bookcase, patio … You’ll definitely want to show them off everywhere. (via The House That Lars Built)
6. DIY Christmas Tree Cactus: If you’ve already got a saguaro, you’re in luck: Some festive trims and pom-poms are all you need to create decor magic. And if you don’t, this is perfect reason to get one! (via Sugar & Cloth)
9. DIY Cactus Cheeseboards: This IKEA hack is gonna make prepping your meals feel like a party all year round, but these boards will really shine on May 5. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
10. Hibiscus Margarita: Don’t be afraid to experiment with your cocktail recipes. This hibiscus cocktail is fun, fresh, and very colorful. (via Arsenic Lace)
11. Piñata Fringe Place Settings: Using tissue paper and a little bit of imagination, you can add a fringe to anything. And for Cinco de Mayo, could it be any more appropriate? (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Taco Piñata: Make this large-and-in-charge piñata and dress it like you would your order at the food truck, and give ’em all something to taco-about. (via Studio DIY)
13. Dollar Store Cactus Wreath: Budget decorating has never looked so good. This simple hoop wreath is everything your front door needs. (via Mad in Crafts)
14. DIY Paper flower Archway: A dramatic statement doorway is the new photo backdrop. You heard it here first! (via Aunt Peaches)
15. DIY Cactus Balloons: These adorable balloon succulents are the easiest way to add some playful color to your shindig. Just don’t let any of your real cacti get too close. (via The Creative Heart Studio)
Follow us on Pinterest for more fiesta ideas and DIYs.