14 Seasonal Donut Recipes for Cozy Fall Days
You can never go wrong with the ever-versatile donut. They can serve as a great make-ahead breakfast, or you can pick them up on the go. They’re amazing as a last-minute surprise treat for co-workers… or you can have half a dozen all for yourself (we won’t tell!). They’re perfect year-round, but with PSL season officially here, we know that fall may *just* be the ultimate reason to add some flavor to your plain ol’ donuts: think maple, eggnog, cinnamon and even bourbon. We can’t promise any healthy donuts in this list, but we CAN promise you they’re all incredibly delicious. Skip the lines at your local sweets shop this weekend and get to baking with one of these 14 seasonal donuts.
1. Cinnamon Bun Style Baked Donuts: This recipe is the perfect hybrid between cinnamon rolls and a traditional donut. Bonus: The crumbled brown sugar topping takes these into drool-worthy territory. (via Homemade Hooplah)
2. Pumpkin Spice Latte Donuts: If you think coffee has nothing on donuts, we’d like to introduce to you the Pumpkin Spice Latte donut. Now you can get your usual caffeine buzz from a pastry — that’s a win for everyone involved. (via A Happy Food Dance)
3. Cranberry Orange Donuts: Cranberry and orange are classic fall and holiday flavors. Having this donut makes us feel like we’re at home cuddled up by the fire with an oversized sweater on. And that glaze — WOWZA. (via Country Cleaver)
4. Apple Fritter Doughnuts: Who knew you could get a whole serving of fruit from a donut? Okay, not really, but there *are* real apples in this recipe (along with apple cider), so we think this one can go on the healthy list… right? (via Tastes of Lizzy T’s)
5. Dairy-Free Baked Eggnog Donuts With Eggnog Glaze: You know it’s the holiday season when there’s more eggnog than anything else in the dairy aisle. Our favorite part here, though, isn’t the donut — it’s obvi that amazing glaze. (via Yummy Healthy Easy)
6. Baked Caramel Apple Donuts Recipe: Sometimes a donut just needs a good crunch, and if that crunch happens to come with layers of caramel, so be it. The fall-tastic flavors in this treat are giving us ALL the feels. (via Passion for SA)
7. Cinnamon Vanilla Glazed Apple Cider Donuts: Cinnamon and vanilla together make the perfect fall combo (not to mention the ideal seasonal candle scent). These donuts would make a perfect autumn birthday dessert for your bestie. (via Pumpkin ‘N Spice)
9. Baked Apple Cider Donut Holes: Ah, the donut hole. Smaller than the average donut so you can eat twice as many and not feel like you over-indulged. This munchkin in particular is baked and smothered in an applesauce-based mixture. We’ll take 10, thank you very much! (via Deliciously Sprinkled)
10. Eggnog Donuts With Bourbon Butter and Spiced Sugar: Just what brunch always needs: a little bit of booze and a whole lot of sugar. Don’t worry though — when you bite into this bad boy you’ll only taste the cinnamon and vanilla. (via Lark & Linen)
11. Baked Gingerbread Donuts With Maple Glaze: This recipe boasts some strong health factors, with coconut sugar, Greek yogurt and pure maple syrup all on the roster. The real flavor comes from the molasses, though, making this donut extra decadent. (via Amy’s Healthy Baking)
13. Pumpkin Streusel Donuts: At first glance, these look like your basic streusel donuts, but then you take a bite and it hits you. This isn’t just a streusel donut; it’s a pumpkin streusel donut. YAAAAAS! (via Sugary Sweets)
14. Gingerbread Cake Donuts With Cranberry Glaze: This cranberry glaze has us absolutely mesmerized, and the orange zest in the glaze is (literally) the icing on top. Bonus: They’re vegan! (via Salted Plains)
Want more comfort foods for fall? Follow us on Pinterest.