23 Summer to Fall Jackets You Can Wear Right *Now*
We don’t know about you, but we’re totally #TeamSummer. At least for now, anyway. While we’re down for investing in the upcoming fall trends, we hate the waiting game. Chillier temps may be on the horizon, but it’ll still be a while before chunky knits are an option. We want to stock up on things that we can wear right now. Enter 23 stylish and versatile jackets that you can add to your wardrobe rotation today — and beyond.
1. Embroidered Dinosaur Jacket ($113): RAWRRRR. Katy Perry would be so proud. When else in your life will you be able to sport a dino-tastic jacket, a button-front denim skirt + retro sunnies all in one look? Never.
2. New Fisherman Rain Coat ($89): If it’s cloudy, then you can bet that this yellow fisherman jacket will be coming out to play along with our wellies.
3. Packable Ripstop Windbreaker ($80): It’s inevitable: You will more than likely forget your umbrella on the one day that you have to walk a mile to your car in a torrential downpour. On those days, rest easy knowing that you have a compact windbreaker tucked away in your bag for safekeeping.
4. Oscar Quilted Bomber Jacket ($307): As if we were going to leave our cactus obsession behind with the unpredictable days of summer… This pink quilted-bomber number will definitely be making the transition with us into fall.
5. Pilcro Classic Denim Jacket ($70): Put an end to the old “no white after Labor Day” adage by adding this classic denim jacket to your wardrobe lineup STAT. Hint, hint: It pairs impeccably with cashmere and chambray.
6. The Downtown Field Jacket ($148): Oh yeah: Your favorite wear-with-anything field jacket is back and better than ever. Now available in deep burgundy, there is truly no limit to your cool-girl appeal.
7. Bodega Hooded Coat ($175): The answer to achieving an off-duty look? You’re looking at it. This army green drawstring jacket (from the coveted Cupcakes and Cashmere line) will be an instant hit when paired with easy-going shift dresses, cutoffs — you name it.
8. Vegan Leather Fringe Jacket ($138): Got fringe? This vegan leather jacket is speakin’ to us on so many levels. In fact, this entire ensemble is serving as major outfit inspo for when we get pulled on stage at our favorite rock concert and become instant groupies. Hey, a girl can dream.
9. Blaise Bib Jacket ($55): Rest assured that chilly mornings exist solely so that you can toss this effortless bib jacket over your #ootd for max perfection.
10. Striped Linen-Blend Blazer ($28): Hamptons, here we come. Just in time for Labor Day, you can bet our summer whites that we’ll be sporting this striped linen blazer with high-waisted shorts.
11. Floral Geo Lace Trench Coat ($279): This lace trench is far too pretty to be exposed to the elements. Pull a Burberry (for a fraction of the price) by pairing this feminine statement piece with a dainty dress or high-waisted skirt.
12. After Party Vintage Star-Crossed Denim Jacket ($118): Party on in the USA with this vintage denim jacket that would be the ultimate bikini cover-up during days spent frolicking at the beach.
13. Mixed-Print Blazer ($50): Bye, bye, frumpy black blazer. From the boardroom to happy hour, this blue mixed floral-print blazer is anything but business as usual.
14. Duster Jacket With Waterfall Front ($135): You say duster jacket, we say blanket cardigan. Whether the temps outside are frigid or you’re stuck in a too-cold office cubicle, don’t hesitate to cozy up to your effortlessly chic security blanket.
15. Poppy Garden-Print Bomber Jacket ($105): For casual-cool days when jeans and a white tee are your go-to uniform, allow this dizzyingly floral bomber jacket to spice things up a bit.
16. Striped Hooded Cape ($48): Keep the music festival vibes going on less-than-sunny days with this punchy, concert-ready cape.
17. Drapey Drawstring Utility Jacket ($40): OMG, fall cannot get here soon enough! Simply put: This is the utility jacket that will be on heavy rotation come October (maybe even September). Bring on the ankle booties, blanket scarves and autumnal hues, please.
18. Floral Garden Party Blazer ($65): A floral blazer with major #girlboss ‘tude? You betcha. March into your upcoming interview or boardroom meeting with as much panache and sass as you can muster.
19. Aztec Print Cape ($70): Can you say bohemian goddess for life? Soak up all the rays before you have to make the transition to cooler days. Swap out your gladiators for a sleek pair of boots — and your cutoffs for flares — and you’ll be right back on track to your free-spirited ways.
20. Just Female ‘Brazil’ Kimono ($148): In the name of minimalism, DO try on this streamlined kimono jacket in a to-die-for shade of cobalt blue. It’s drapey enough to be paired with a faded pair of boyfriend jeans or worn as a stylish topper for a night out — the sky’s the limit.
21. The Fifth Walking Home Mid Coat ($150): Repeat after us: Mundane Monday mornings do not exist when you have a floral topper this show-stopping.
22. Varsity-Striped Bomber Jacket ($23): No longer restricted to collegiates, a varsity-striped jacket is officially happening again. Now all that’s missing are high school football games + homecoming queens.
23. Summit Jacket ($98): All bets are on the table as to which stylish celeb will be sporting this Reformation denim jacket first. We’re betting T-Swift, since she obviously already has that “James Dean-daydream look” goin’ on.
Will you be investing in any of these transitional jackets? Let us know in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.