23 Summer to Fall Jackets You Can Wear Right *Now*
We don’t know about you, but we’re totally #TeamSummer. At least for now, anyway. While we’re down for investing in the upcoming fall trends, we hate the waiting game. Chillier temps may be on the horizon, but it’ll still be a while before chunky knits are an option. We want to stock up on things that we can wear right now. Enter 23 stylish and versatile jackets that you can add to your wardrobe rotation today — and beyond.
1. Embroidered Dinosaur Jacket ($113): RAWRRRR. Katy Perry would be so proud. When else in your life will you be able to sport a dino-tastic jacket, a button-front denim skirt + retro sunnies all in one look? Never.
2. New Fisherman Rain Coat ($89): If it’s cloudy, then you can bet that this yellow fisherman jacket will be coming out to play along with our wellies.
3. Packable Ripstop Windbreaker ($80): It’s inevitable: You will more than likely forget your umbrella on the one day that you have to walk a mile to your car in a torrential downpour. On those days, rest easy knowing that you have a compact windbreaker tucked away in your bag for safekeeping.
4. Oscar Quilted Bomber Jacket ($307): As if we were going to leave our cactus obsession behind with the unpredictable days of summer… This pink quilted-bomber number will definitely be making the transition with us into fall.
5. Pilcro Classic Denim Jacket ($70): Put an end to the old “no white after Labor Day” adage by adding this classic denim jacket to your wardrobe lineup STAT. Hint, hint: It pairs impeccably with cashmere and chambray.
6. The Downtown Field Jacket ($148): Oh yeah: Your favorite wear-with-anything field jacket is back and better than ever. Now available in deep burgundy, there is truly no limit to your cool-girl appeal.
7. Bodega Hooded Coat ($175): The answer to achieving an off-duty look? You’re looking at it. This army green drawstring jacket (from the coveted Cupcakes and Cashmere line) will be an instant hit when paired with easy-going shift dresses, cutoffs — you name it.
8. Vegan Leather Fringe Jacket ($138): Got fringe? This vegan leather jacket is speakin’ to us on so many levels. In fact, this entire ensemble is serving as major outfit inspo for when we get pulled on stage at our favorite rock concert and become instant groupies. Hey, a girl can dream.
9. Blaise Bib Jacket ($55): Rest assured that chilly mornings exist solely so that you can toss this effortless bib jacket over your #ootd for max perfection.
10. Striped Linen-Blend Blazer ($28): Hamptons, here we come. Just in time for Labor Day, you can bet our summer whites that we’ll be sporting this striped linen blazer with high-waisted shorts.
11. Floral Geo Lace Trench Coat ($279): This lace trench is far too pretty to be exposed to the elements. Pull a Burberry (for a fraction of the price) by pairing this feminine statement piece with a dainty dress or high-waisted skirt.
12. After Party Vintage Star-Crossed Denim Jacket ($118): Party on in the USA with this vintage denim jacket that would be the ultimate bikini cover-up during days spent frolicking at the beach.
13. Mixed-Print Blazer ($50): Bye, bye, frumpy black blazer. From the boardroom to happy hour, this blue mixed floral-print blazer is anything but business as usual.
14. Duster Jacket With Waterfall Front ($135): You say duster jacket, we say blanket cardigan. Whether the temps outside are frigid or you’re stuck in a too-cold office cubicle, don’t hesitate to cozy up to your effortlessly chic security blanket.
15. Poppy Garden-Print Bomber Jacket ($105): For casual-cool days when jeans and a white tee are your go-to uniform, allow this dizzyingly floral bomber jacket to spice things up a bit.
16. Striped Hooded Cape ($48): Keep the music festival vibes going on less-than-sunny days with this punchy, concert-ready cape.
17. Drapey Drawstring Utility Jacket ($40): OMG, fall cannot get here soon enough! Simply put: This is the utility jacket that will be on heavy rotation come October (maybe even September). Bring on the ankle booties, blanket scarves and autumnal hues, please.
18. Floral Garden Party Blazer ($65): A floral blazer with major #girlboss ‘tude? You betcha. March into your upcoming interview or boardroom meeting with as much panache and sass as you can muster.
19. Aztec Print Cape ($70): Can you say bohemian goddess for life? Soak up all the rays before you have to make the transition to cooler days. Swap out your gladiators for a sleek pair of boots — and your cutoffs for flares — and you’ll be right back on track to your free-spirited ways.
20. Just Female ‘Brazil’ Kimono ($148): In the name of minimalism, DO try on this streamlined kimono jacket in a to-die-for shade of cobalt blue. It’s drapey enough to be paired with a faded pair of boyfriend jeans or worn as a stylish topper for a night out — the sky’s the limit.
21. The Fifth Walking Home Mid Coat ($150): Repeat after us: Mundane Monday mornings do not exist when you have a floral topper this show-stopping.
22. Varsity-Striped Bomber Jacket ($23): No longer restricted to collegiates, a varsity-striped jacket is officially happening again. Now all that’s missing are high school football games + homecoming queens.
23. Summit Jacket ($98): All bets are on the table as to which stylish celeb will be sporting this Reformation denim jacket first. We’re betting T-Swift, since she obviously already has that “James Dean-daydream look” goin’ on.
Will you be investing in any of these transitional jackets? Let us know in the comments below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.