Brrr! Warm Up During #Snowmageddon With These 15 Foods
When we think of snowstorm staples, blankets, mugs and an assortment of warming foods come to mind first. This collection of 15 chill-crushing foods takes care of the latter, no sweat. Featuring smokey, spiced and steaming hot sips, snacks and substantial soups (say that three times fast), this list is just what you need to beat the cold this winter.
1. Chicken Chili: Served in a Mason jar, this cornbread-topped chili is an ideal handheld eat. Wrap yourself up in a blanket and take your place by the fire for the ultimate warming experience. (via Carolina Girl Cooks)
6.Rustic Soup of Roasted Tomato, Chunky Smoked Bacon and Red Lentil: No ordinary tomato soup here — chunky veggies, bacon and lentils all add a significant amount of substance to each spoonful. (via The Kitchen Alchemist)
7. Smokey Minestrone With Tortellini Pesto: Good things happen when stuffed pasta and soup get together. Give this minestrone a go and you’ll know exactly what we’re talking about. (via Full Fork Ahead)
9. Baked Eggs With Potato Hash: Brunch is decadent enough as is, but enjoying it fireside just adds a little something extra to the experience. Combining eggs, potatoes and bacon in one dish, this hash makes it a cinch to cover all of your brunch bases in just a single bite. (via Food Baby)
10. Smokey Chickpea Bowl With Oozey Cheese (Vegan): There may be no meat or cheese involved in this burrito bowl, but it’s anything but wimpy. It packs a hearty, belly-warming punch into each helping. (via Vegan in Melbourne)
11. Apple Bourbon Hand Pies With Whole Wheat Cinnamon Crust: We’re of the opinion that when it comes to fireside eats, the fewer utensils the better. These pastries allow you to have your hand pie and eat it too. (via Baker By Nature)
13. Bourbon and Salted Caramel Popcorn: Between the toasty bourbon and salted caramel, this popcorn is meant for fireside munchies. Add a movie to the mix for an even more enhanced experience. (via Confections of a Foodie Bride)
14. Butternut Squash Soup With Bacon, Goat Cheese and Pistachios: Now this is one indulgent bowlful of butternut squash soup. Between the bacon, goat cheese and heavy cream, this recipe will sway even the harshest of winter squash skeptics out there. (via This Wild Season)
What foods do you like to enjoy next to the fire? Share your faves with us below!