20 Tomato Soup Recipes That are Mmm, Mmm Good
No other fruit or veggie comes close to matching the tomato’s versatility in soup. It goes from forming the base of a refreshing chilled creation to that of a piping hot, hearty winter meal with no sweat at all. And a bowlful of the creamy stuff? Well, a classic grilled cheese has never had a better parter in crime. Enjoy these 20 scrumptious tomato soups that will have you retiring your can opener for good.
1. Roasted Tomato Soup With Grilled Cheese Croutons: As if croutons could get any better, the ones topping this stellar soup had to go ahead and be made out of grilled cheese. #Swoon (via Jessica in the Kitchen)
2. Cherry Tomato Gazpacho: Using sweet cherry tomatoes ensures that your gazpacho doesn’t skew too far toward the acidic end of the spectrum. A little bit of Sriracha and a Fresno chili gives this chilled soup some heat. (via Pixels and Crumbs)
3. Tortilla Soup: A kicked up tomato soup that’s blended ’til smooth is a fantastic blank slate for an assortment of tasty toppings. Tortilla chips are a given, but chicken, cheese and avocado are also classic add-ins. (via Lakyn and Judah)
6. Chunky Vegetable Soup: Give the blender a bit of a rest by leaving half of the veggies nice and chunky. Chickpeas add a nice helping of protein, providing this soup with some serious staying power. (via Lynsey Loves Food)
7. Tomato Soup With Grilled Cheese and Bacon Croutons: As if grilled cheese croutons weren’t delicious enough, the ones sprinkled on top of this bowlful of piping hot soup manage to sneak in a bit of bacon. (via Cherry on My Sundae)
10. Creamy Tomato Soup With Roasted Chickpea Croutons (Paleo, Vegan): A handful of cashews blended into the mix create a creamy soup sans dairy. Talk about dreamy. (via Love, Life, Eat)
11. Courgette + Tomato Basil Soup (Vegan): Zucchini and tomatoes work well together in ratatouille, so it totally makes sense that they blend up beautifully in soup. Care to freeze a few bowlfuls for later enjoyment? Simply omit the basil until you’re ready to reheat it. (via The Flexitarian)
13. Creamless Creamy Tomato Soup: A few slices of bread blended into this soup are the secret to giving it a creamy mouthfeel without a single splash of cream. Even better: It’s ready in mere minutes. (via Culinary Hill)
15. Chilled Tomato Soup With Tabasco Granita: Hot ice tops these chilled soups. How’s that possible, you might ask? Why, it’s all due to a hefty dose of Tabasco sauce added to the tomato granita mix. (via Peaches Please)
16. Roasted Yellow Tomato Soup With Green Harissa + Halloumi Croutons: Who could resist digging into this colorful soup? Okay, go ahead and post a pic to Instagram first. (via Bojon Gourmet)
17. Roasted Vanilla Pumpkin and Heirloom Tomato Soup: Winter squash seems like an unusual addition to tomato soup, but it totally works. Especially when accompanied by hand-cut fries. (via The Hungry Babushka)
18. Smoked Tomato Soup: No smokey flavor from smoked paprika or chipotles here. Instead, the tomatoes themselves are popped into an indoor smoker to impart them with an ever-so-interesting flavor in just a few minutes. (via Wild Greens and Sardines)
19. Creamy Heirloom Tomato and Avocado Gazpacho: The green hue may seem a bit strange upon first glance, but just give it a try. Avocado and basil add a lovely enhancement in the texture and flavor departments, creating an incomparable bowl of gazpacho. (via Blogging Over Thyme)
What’s your favorite tomato soup of all time? Hot and creamy, chilled or… ? Share with us in comments!