20 Sweet + Salted Caramel Treats to Make STAT
Salt and caramel. They go together like chocolate and hazelnut, our childhood favorite peanut butter and jelly, bacon, lettuce and tomato… you get the idea. It’s amazing how just a tiny sprinkle of the crystals can transform the usual, sweet caramels into well-balanced treats. We highly recommend that you add these 20 salted caramel recipes to your list of salty-sweet desserts to make!
1. Salted Caramel Rice Crispy Treats: Upgrade the classic, marshmallow-y after school snack with a touch of caramel and sea salt. Oh yes, and a spoonful of peanut butter — sounds pretty darn good, right? (via Little Figgy)
2. Dark Chocolate Espresso Ice Cream With Toffee and Salted Caramel: A drizzle of salted caramel holds its own against a scoop of rich chocolate and coffee-flavored ice cream. Go ahead and make ice cream sandwiches using donuts to hold it all together, and see who can resist its charms. (via Curly Girl Kitchen)
9. Peanut Macaron With Salted Caramel and Banana Filling: Four tasty flavors are packed into each of these petite macarons. Yum! (via Thank God I Bake)
10. Peanut Butter Cheesecake Donuts: Stuffed with peanut butter cheesecake and drizzled with a bourbon-spiked chocolate caramel sauce, donuts like these go way beyond those at the local bakery. (via Half Baked Harvest)
18. Salted Caramel Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches (Vegan): Good to the last drop, you’ll want to lick every speck of these fudge cookie ice cream sandos right off your fingers. (via My Darling Vegan)
19. Salted Caramel Glazed Maple Bacon Cake Pops: These pops sure do sound rich, but a few ingredient swaps make each one clock in at about 80 calories. It’s a good thing, since it’s hard to stop at just one. (via Ruled.Me)
Do you enjoy salted caramel, or is the straight-up sweet stuff more your thing? Let’s talk it out below!