Chill Out With Frozen Watermelon Margarita Push Pops
Frosty watermelon margaritapush pops, inspired by the boozy push-pops that came out earlier this summer, combine the guilty pleasure from your adulthood with one of your childhood. Featuring watermelon juice, tequila, and lime, the cocktail is frozen in plastic push pop molds to really help you get your chill on. Enjoy these treats by the pool, on the patio, or at your next summer bridal shower.
Frozen Watermelon Margarita Push Pops
(Makes 8 4-ounce push pops)
Recipe Note: We found our plastic push pop containers on Amazon.
- 1/2 large watermelon, cut into pieces (or 3 cups watermelon juice)
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup Cointreau (or another orange-flavored liqueur)
- 5-6 tablespoons lime juice, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 lime, cut into thin rounds, then cut in half (or smaller to fit in push pop container)
1. Add the watermelon to a blender, and blend until smooth. Strain the mixture and discard any remaining solid pieces.
2. Stir in the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and salt to the watermelon juice. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Mix in the lemon zest.
3. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan, cover, and freeze for several hours. Every hour or so, remove the mixture from the freezer and use a fork to scrape up. Return to the freezer. Continue this several times until a granita-like texture forms.
4. When the mixture is almost completely frozen (it should be slightly soft but not liquid), remove it, and use a spoon to fill the plastic push pop containers. Place the lime wedge flat on top of the mixture.
5. Stick the push pop containers in upside down paper cups as pictured below.
6. Freeze pops in an upright position overnight.
7. Remove from the freezer and serve immediately.
Looking for more frozen treats? Follow us on Pinterest.
(Recipe and photos via Patricia Conte / Brit + Co)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.