How to Host the Best Galentine’s Spa Day Ever
Valentine’s Day. That red, pink and lovey-dovey holiday has crept up on us yet again. And whether you are in romantic planning mode with creative date ideas, gift guides for your S.O., heart-shaped treats or sweet DIYs, it’s important to remember the people who really *get* you — your ladies. Take a page from Leslie Knope and host your own Galentine’s Day party this year. Instead of just doing wine and chocolate — don’t worry, wine and chocolate can still totally be a part of this festivity —a spa day is the perfect way to have you all feeling pretty, pampered and loved. To get you ready for some serious relaxation, here are 14 ideas for how to host the best Galentine’s Spa Day ever.
Galentine’s Day Food & Drink Recipes
1. Three Layer Watermelon Gelatin Cubes: There’s nothing quite as refreshing as taking a bite out of these watermelon gelatin cubes. They may look fancy AF but but they’re actually deceptively simple to make. All you’ll need to whip up this cute snack is some watermelon, yogurt and condensed milk. (via Baking Ginger)
2. Sparkling Asian Pear and Mint Iced Tea: Stir up this delightful drink made of puréed Asian pear, chilled black tea, mint and simple syrup for the best mocktail you and your friends have ever tried. Feel free to add a swish of bubbly to take your sparkling iced tea to the next level. (via Snixy Kitchen)
3. One-Bite Nutella Donuts: Sound too good to be true? Yeah, we thought so too. But these mini baked donuts, rolled in sugar and stuffed with Nutella, are surprisingly easy to whip up. Check out our how-to to bake these delicious desserts for you and your besties. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Colorful Mimosa Bar: Here’s everything you need to have your food and drink bar on point. Use either spray or acrylic paint to brighten up used plastic bottles, fill them up with fresh flowers and hang them from your wall using yarn. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
Galentine’s Day Spa Attire
5. New Chic Home Slippers ($5): Pick up a batch of these for your fave ladies so they can wiggle their newly prettied up toes with wild abandon. The conveniently open-toed and ’90s-inspired slippers will pair perfectly with a pedicure gift tote.
6. ASOS New Look Heart Printed Robe ($26): This robe is soft, adorable and totally lovable. Pick one up for yourself and your closest gals to stay comfy and cozy all Galentine’s Day-long.
Galentine’s Day Spa Treatments
7. DIY Clay Foot Soak: Let you and your gals’ feet soak in this super relaxing recipe of bentonite clay and tea tree essential oil. Mix the two secret ingredients with warm water and soak those tired feet for 10 to 20 minutes. Get ready for the AHHHs. (via Woods of Bell Trees)
8. DIY Sugar Lip Scrub: Whip up a batch of these ahead of time so your ladies can tackle those chapped winter lips with some sweet sugar. Use brown or white sugar, extra virgin coconut oil, chopped herbs and fruits and flavor extracts to concoct the yummiest lip scrub you and your friends have ever tried. (via Brit + Co)
9. Tony Moly I’m Real Tea Tree Face Mask Sheet (2 Pack) ($8): Skip the messiness of a full-on face mask with these face mask sheets. Formulated with super toning tea tree oil, these face mask sheets will have you and your ladies’ faces on fleek in just 20 minutes. Pro tip: Cut a cucumber into thin slices to soothe tired eyes while you wait for your mask.
Galentine’s Day Party Favors
11. Lavender Candle: It’s no secret that lavender essential oil aids in relaxation and stress relief. Share this DIY secret with your best gal pals. All you need is soy wax, lavender essential oil and food coloring. (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Modern Color Block Soap Favors: For all our ladies who love themselves a good DIY, here are some party favors that are as fun to make as they are cute to look at. All you’ll need is a soap base, soap dye and essential soap oils. Color blocking FTW. (via Brit + Co)
13. Bando Canvas Tote ($20): If this isn’t the the most fitting gift bag for all those Galentine’s Day favors, we don’t know what is. Fries > Guys forever.
14. DIY Whipped Body Butter: Replenish thirsty winter skin with this deliciously aromatic and smooth body butter made of coconut, vitamin E, sweet almond and other essential oils. Pretty sure everyone will be asking you and your friends why they smell so good. Trust us, we know. (via Brit + Co)
Need more ideas for hosting the greatest Galentine’s Day party ever? Follow us on Pinterest for more inspo!