From the jazz to the fashion, we’ll go for ’20s inspired whenever we can. Aside from everything else there is to love about the roaring ’20s, the one thing we can’t get enough of is the classic bookThe Great Gatsby. With Gatsby’s awesome parties, Daisy’s fab style and the romance between them both, we totally swoon whenever we think about it. While we wish the story could have ended differently for the couple, we’d like to think their wedding would have been an unforgettable affair. We’ve rounded up 15 Gatsby-approved ideas for a wedding that will channel their style, lifestyle and overall extravagance.
1. Roaring ’20s Gatsby-Inspired Save the Date ($10): Set the theme for your wedding right away with these ’20s-inspired save the dates. Your guests will be super pumped to party in style with you.
2. Garden Ceremony: We love the idea of a beautiful garden wedding to capture the essence of Gatsby’s sprawling estate. (via Michael Simon Photography)
3. Chandelier Chuppah: Rock some major outdoor elegance with draped fabric and a chandelier hung from a chuppah. (via Empty Vase Events)
4. Metallic Maids: The Great Gatsby is all about glitz and glamour, so give your bridesmaids some metallic sparkle to keep the theme going. (via Imaginale Design)
5. Dapper Dudes: Go for a super formal celebration and opt for tuxedos over suits. Your groom and his guys are sure to look as dapper as Gatsby himself. (via Heather Roth Photography)
6. Signature Drinks: Create his and hers drinks for guests to sip on during cocktail hour. Might we suggest naming them “Gatsby” and “Daisy”? ;) (via Harwell Photography)
7. Globe Guestbook: Have you traveled the world like Gatsby? Snag a vintage globe (preferably from the ’20s) and have your guests write their well wishes across the globe. (via Two Birds One Stone)
8. Chic Photos: All. That. Glitter. Such a sparkly photo is the perfect way to capture the magic and romance of your big day. (via Our Labor of Love)
9. Mirror Menu: Save on menu cards and write your food selection on an antique mirror that can be reused post-wedding. (via Matthew Nigel Photography)
10. Bubbly Bar: Gatsby and his counterparts didn’t let prohibition stop them from getting their hands on some bubbly. Offer guests a champagne bar with all the fixings. (via Amore Wedding Photography)
11. Sequin Sweetheart Table: Skip the head table and go for a more intimate sweetheart table. Bonus points if you can get your hands on a fab sequin tablecloth like this one. (via Connection Photo)
12. Art Deco Cake: From the gold fondant to the flapper-inspired feathers on top, this cake is almost too gorgeous to eat. (via Fashion Moda Mode)
13. All That Jazz: Forgo the DJ and modern hits and opt for of-the-decade music. Guests will love dancing to jazz songs played off old records, or better yet, played by a live band. (via This Modern Romance)
14. Getaway Car: Remember the stunning Rolls Royce Gatsby drove? While you may not be able to find the exact car, you can definitely make your getaway one to remember by cruising off in a ’20s classic. (via Amore Wedding Photography)
15. Champagne Favors: We wouldn’t dream of sending guests home empty handed. Send them on their way with cute, glittery miniature bottles of bubbly to remember your epic wedding. (Junebug Weddings)
Would you plan a Gatsby-inspired wedding? Do you like to keep the roaring ’20s alive or go more modern? Chat with us in the comments!
(Feature Image via Warner Bros. Entertainment)