Are you a red carpet fanatic? We love to watch and plan out our next DIY of the beauty and style variety, scoping out the stars’ sleek tresses, beautiful blowouts and an updo or two that we can cop for our next event. The celebs aren’t the only ones who can pull off the latest ‘dos — you can too, girl! We pulled together 14 looks from the 2014 VMAs to make your tresses just as red carpet worthy as these lovely ladies.
2. Braided Crown: Mini dance diva, red carpet goer or not, you deserve to wear Maddie Ziegler’s braided crown. This pretty look is perfect for a wedding, a classy night out or any ol’ day when you’re just feeling like a million bucks. (via Once Wed)
4. Pretty-Messy Ponytail: Yes, you can wear this relaxed pretty-messy pony just like Lucy. Try the updo hairstyle for an easy, yet refined, take on a casual evening on the town. (via Cider With Rosie)
8. Wet Hair: We are loving the wet hair look Rita Ora and Iggy A were rocking on the carpet. This look is super simple and classy, and a great way to smooth out all those bad-hair-day stresses. (via Glamour)
11. Slick Pony: Ariana Grande is proof that a timeless high pony is always a stand-out. Wrap your everyday ponytail with some of your tresses and it elevates the look to red carpet-worthy levels. (via Brit + Co)
12. High Bun: Want a classy yet worry-free look? Awkward. actor Ashley Rickard’s style is your new go-to. It keeps your hair back while still giving a little party preview in the front. (via Hair & Makeup by Steph)
Which of these red carpet looks are you going to try? Tell us in the comments below!