17 Behind-the-Scenes Peeks at the VMAs
On this same night, many moonmans ago, Kanye stole the mic from a startled Taylor Swift. He didn’t even let her finish. And later, Miley danced with bears and a referee who looked like Robin Thicke. This year, who’s to say what will happen at the MTV Video Music Awards? Oh, you East Coasters already spoiler alerted the show for us here in PST. Thanks for the heads up that Beyoncé rules — we had no idea (jkkkk). While we were waiting patiently for our live streams to load, we were chillin’ with the stars backstage on Instagram, snacking and getting our hair and nails done. Take a look at how the stars prepped for the show below!
2. Jennifer Lopez: Has JLo aged a day since “Jenny From the Block?” We’re pretty sure she hasn’t. Alongside Liz Hernandez of Access Hollywood, she’s posing with the best of them in a glittery silver number highlighting her curves like only JLo can. (via @lizhernandez)
3. Beyoncé: The Queen herself greets her fans on the red carpet with open arms and a stunning gown. Only Bey can rock head-to-toe gothic, clingy, lacy black number in the LA summer and look absolutely flawless. (via @marisaiam)
6. Uzo Aduba: The ladies of Orange Is the New Black do not miss a beat. Looking stylish and sassy as usual, Taylor Schilling, Uzo Aduba and Laverne Cox are repping the ladies of Litchfield at the VMAs a night before they’re celebrated at the Emmys. (via @uzoaduba)
7. Jessica Williams: Daily Show correspondent Jessica Williams stuns with an ultra-dramatic smokey eye on her way to the VMAs. What’s cooler is she took an Uber! Rideshares for the win. (via @msjwilly)
11. Jessi J, Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande: These ladies sure know how to bring the BANG BANG. This practice performance pose had us waiting on pins and needles for their performances at the VMAs tonight. (via Perez Hilton)
14. Sam Smith: We had a dream once that Sam Smith and Beyoncé met and became best friends and performed a show together. This is the first step, right? We have our fingers crossed. (via samsmithsworld)
16. Katy Perry: When we saw this photo, we weren’t exactly sure what Katy had in mind for her always-anticipated show-stopper look. We never would have predicted a ’90s denim Brittany throwback. Way to go, girl. (via @katyperry)
Were you tuning in? Let us know your fav VMA moments in the comments!