10 Gifts for People Who Go Everywhere on Their Bike
We all have that bicycle enthusiast in our lives, that friend or family member who seems permanently attached to a bike seat with permanent helmet hair to match. Whether they’re just a casual rider or a hardcore sporty cyclist, we always admire their commitment to pedal everywhere they go. Naturally, you want to make this deserving person’s cycling experience easier and more pleasant! Here are some thoughtful gifts for the would-be Fabiana Luperini in your life.
1. Uncommon Goods Bicycle Repair Kit ($18): Every rider will endure a flat tire and other road hazards now and again. This portable kit has almost everything they need to make quick fixes, including a six-headed Allen wrench set, patch repair kit, two metal tire levelers, and glue.
2. AllWeDo WC Bike Shelf ($75+): If you’ve ever visited a city cyclist’s apartment you know that their vehicle of choice takes up a huge amount of space. This handy shelf solves the space problem by holding bikes high, keeping floors uncluttered and — bonus — leaving room for other odds and ends.
3. Cinzia Rocca Pink Leather Bumbag ($119): Oh, this? This isn’t a fanny pack. It’s a bumbag. And it’s updated for 2018 with a metallic pink leather finish that’ll look instantly stylish on any bike rider’s hip.
4. Mission Bicycle Company LED Spoke Light ($26): Riding at night can be dangerous, so illuminating your friend’s bike will help keep them safe (while looking cool too). These bold-colored, weatherproof lights practically dance around wheel spokes creating circles of light as they spin through darkened streets.
5. Poketo Viva Bike Bell ($20): Every bike should have a bike bell, in our opinion. That’s just the rules. This classic version uses a design that’s been in production since the 1970s, so you can let people know you’re coming their way in high vintage fashion.
6. Coby Waterproof Shower Speaker ($20): Rain or shine, your friend’s gotta have their tunes while they ride. This waterproof shower speaker can withstand bad weather and deliver excellent sound. Now your friend doesn’t have to resort to headphones on the road – which, frankly, can be hazardous.
7. Modcloth T. Rex To-Go Raglan Graphic Tee ($29): Any cyclist friend with a sense of humor will love this fun raglan tee emblazoned with a brightly-colored, bicycle-loving T. Rex.
8. Design by Henrik Lund ‘I Want To Ride My Bicycle’ Print ($30+): The rock band Queen said it first, and by golly, they said it best: I want to ride my bicycle! This print, as any music lover would know, takes the lyric from one of Queen’s well-known songs and makes it a hangable mantra that’s ideal for any bike lover’s home.
9. Thousand Epoch Collection Helmet in Willowbrook Mint ($95): While all bike helmets need to protect your head, not all of them look very cute while doing it. Bike accessory company Thousand has vintage-inspired helmets that look as good as they protect, and the helmets come in lots of great colors too.
10. Nantucket Bike Basket Co. Adult Classic Tapered Bike Basket ($52): Imagine taking a brisk ride on the shore, gathering wildflowers, or seashells, or even fresh produce from the farmers’ market while traversing a New England island and keeping all of your finds in this woven basket. OK, maybe we’re romanticizing a little, but this wicker find is just the right fit for casual riders who need extra space to transport their stuff at the end of the day.
Do you have any recommendations for bike accessories? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.