17 Halloween Accessories You Can Wear All Year Long
We love a good seasonal statement piece as much as anyone, but we’re also big fans of utilizing all of our accessories as much as we can. With Halloween right around the corner, we’ve been stockpiling all of our spooky-chic favorites. The best part? These pieces are totally versatile and appropriate to wear any time of the year.
1. Baby Vamp Ring Set ($195+): These dainty chompers aren’t just for October 31. Split the pair between you and a friend and rock these edgy midi rings all year long.
2. Star Ear Jacket Set ($5): Say hello to minimalist ear jackets that can be worn any time of the year. The crescent moons add a wonderfully witchy touch in October.
3. Charlotte Olympia Kitty Flat ($495): It’s your favorite Halloween mascot in velvet flat form. We’re starting a cat flats club as we type!
4. Friendly Ghost Charm Necklace Duo ($25): These two adorable charms can be worn together or split between you and your ghoulish gal pal.
6. Tiny Skull Ring ($48): This little skull ring is a great way to add some edge to your jewelry collection, yet it’s simple enough for everyday wear.
7. Moon Hair Clip ($4): Here’s a celestial-inspired clip that can be added to a Halloween costume or just worn throughout the year for a laid back half-up look.
8. Flying Bat Ring ($150): You don’t have to wait until October to don this creepy critter ring. We’d rock this 14-karat gold midi ring year round.
9. Charlotte’s Web Stud ($340): Even if you’re scared of spiders (we totally don’t blame you), you can’t deny that these chic cobweb studs would be a welcome addition to your earring collection. No creepy crawlies included!
10. What a Crescent Surprise Necklace ($20): This eye-catching accessory works with a tank top and jeans or your witchiest little black dress.
11. Explorer’s Press Pins ($5 each): We’re all about expanding our pin collection, and we’d proudly display our love for the supernatural on our totes and denim jackets.
12. Under This Moon Personalized Necklace ($41): Wear your love for all things lunar with this customizable moon necklace. Simply send along the date you’d like to commemorate and your necklace will include the phase of the moon on that date, along with a personalized inscription on the back.
13. Moonlight Necklace ($58): Abalone is believed to increase strength in relationships — we love the look and meaning behind this special piece.
14. Kate Spade Cat’s Meow Watch ($195): Cats are always in style, but this black pavé watch with golden eyes make it a go-to accessory for Halloween and any other time of the year.
15. Sapphire Seer Necklace ($48): The evil eye is said to bring good luck to those who wear it, and bad luck to those who wish ill will upon others. If this isn’t applicable for every day of the year, then we don’t know what is.
16. Dr. Jekyll Onyx Bangle Bracelet ($60): This dark little bangle is versatile enough to stack with your other bracelets, or you could rock it alone.
17. Tiny Spider Studs ($170): We’re all a little afraid of those eight-legged creatures, but somehow these 14-karat cuties don’t seem to bother us. We’d wear them almost every day.
Which spooky accessory is your favorite? Share in the comments!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!