The Top 5 Nicest and Naughtiest Halloween Candies to Keep in Mind
Happy Halloween, all! By now, your costumes should be set and ready to go (or perhaps you need some last minute ideas?), the pumpkins have been carved and there’s a ghoulish excitement in the air for today’s festivities and all the mouth-watering CANDY that’s headed your way. But before you head out for a night or trick-or-treating or whatever parties you have planned, we have something super spooky to share with you — a breakdown of sugar content in over 40 of your favorite Halloween treats.
Top 5 Candies With the Least Sugar
1. Milk Chocolate Rolo: These delightful caramel filled treats actually come in first on the list. One Rolo contains 3.7 grams sugar. Who’d have thunk that all that gooey deliciousness might actually be… almost healthy? Okay, not really, but if you’re going to indulge, you might as well know the facts.
2. Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Nuggets With Almonds: Mmmm… chocolate. These tasty dark chocolate morsels come in second with four grams of sugar per nugget. Plus, those almonds definitely add a bit of a crunch for max tastiness.
3. Wonka Mini Laffy Taffy: Tart candy lovers are going to like this. This childhood (and adulthood!) favorite is chewy deliciousness — plus, you’ll be pleased to hear they’re third on the list with 4.2 grams of sugar each.
4. Hershey’s Assorted Miniatures: These miniatures are pretty much a trick-or-treating staple — Halloween wouldn’t be the same without ’em! Hershey’s Assorted Miniatures are fourth on the list with 4.4 grams of sugar each.
5. Starbursts Fun Size: Everyone has a favorite Starbust flavor (pink). It’s as ubiquitous as having a lucky number or a favorite color. Luckily, Starbursts rank as number five on the list with six grams of sugar per two-pack.
Top 5 Candies With the Most Sugar
1. Snack Size Sugar Babies: Now we’re switching gears into most sugar-heavy candies and YIKES. Sugar Babies snack size packs contain 15 grams of sugar. OMG. Something to remember next time one of these is stuck in your teeth.
2. Charm’s Blow Pop: These childhood classics with its candy shell and bubblegum center were always considered more like two candies in one. But did you know they have 13 grams of sugar each? Eek. That might make you think twice before reaching for one again.
3. Nerds Mini Box: Crunchy, tart and colorful, Nerds were always one of the most sought after Halloween candies ever. Unfortunately, they come in third on the list with 12 grams of sugar in the mini boxes :(
4. Brach’s Candy Corn: Candy corn is probably the treat that’s most heavily associated with this holiday. Some love it and others hate it (and it’s the favorite candy in Texas, Oregon, Colorado and more). These small packs contain 11.7 grams of sugar each.
5. Skittles Fun Size: Noooooo. This news is gonna bum you out. Skittles make the list of top five worst sugar offenders with their fun size packs. Each pack has 11.3 grams of sugar.
What are your favorite candies? Tell us in the comments below!
(h/t Cooking Light, featured photo via Hershey’s)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.