The Top 5 Nicest and Naughtiest Halloween Candies to Keep in Mind
Happy Halloween, all! By now, your costumes should be set and ready to go (or perhaps you need some last minute ideas?), the pumpkins have been carved and there’s a ghoulish excitement in the air for today’s festivities and all the mouth-watering CANDY that’s headed your way. But before you head out for a night or trick-or-treating or whatever parties you have planned, we have something super spooky to share with you — a breakdown of sugar content in over 40 of your favorite Halloween treats.
Top 5 Candies With the Least Sugar
1. Milk Chocolate Rolo: These delightful caramel filled treats actually come in first on the list. One Rolo contains 3.7 grams sugar. Who’d have thunk that all that gooey deliciousness might actually be… almost healthy? Okay, not really, but if you’re going to indulge, you might as well know the facts.
2. Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Nuggets With Almonds: Mmmm… chocolate. These tasty dark chocolate morsels come in second with four grams of sugar per nugget. Plus, those almonds definitely add a bit of a crunch for max tastiness.
3. Wonka Mini Laffy Taffy: Tart candy lovers are going to like this. This childhood (and adulthood!) favorite is chewy deliciousness — plus, you’ll be pleased to hear they’re third on the list with 4.2 grams of sugar each.
4. Hershey’s Assorted Miniatures: These miniatures are pretty much a trick-or-treating staple — Halloween wouldn’t be the same without ’em! Hershey’s Assorted Miniatures are fourth on the list with 4.4 grams of sugar each.
5. Starbursts Fun Size: Everyone has a favorite Starbust flavor (pink). It’s as ubiquitous as having a lucky number or a favorite color. Luckily, Starbursts rank as number five on the list with six grams of sugar per two-pack.
Top 5 Candies With the Most Sugar
1. Snack Size Sugar Babies: Now we’re switching gears into most sugar-heavy candies and YIKES. Sugar Babies snack size packs contain 15 grams of sugar. OMG. Something to remember next time one of these is stuck in your teeth.
2. Charm’s Blow Pop: These childhood classics with its candy shell and bubblegum center were always considered more like two candies in one. But did you know they have 13 grams of sugar each? Eek. That might make you think twice before reaching for one again.
3. Nerds Mini Box: Crunchy, tart and colorful, Nerds were always one of the most sought after Halloween candies ever. Unfortunately, they come in third on the list with 12 grams of sugar in the mini boxes :(
4. Brach’s Candy Corn: Candy corn is probably the treat that’s most heavily associated with this holiday. Some love it and others hate it (and it’s the favorite candy in Texas, Oregon, Colorado and more). These small packs contain 11.7 grams of sugar each.
5. Skittles Fun Size: Noooooo. This news is gonna bum you out. Skittles make the list of top five worst sugar offenders with their fun size packs. Each pack has 11.3 grams of sugar.
What are your favorite candies? Tell us in the comments below!
(h/t Cooking Light, featured photo via Hershey’s)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)