How to Make 20 of Your Favorite Candies at Home
Whether you’re spending this Halloween trick-or-treating or not, there’s one thing that’ll be on everyone’s mind come the night of October 31st: candy! While we might not be able to score a pillowcase full of it anymore (at least not for free), we can bust out our apron and make grown-up versions of our favorite childhood treat. Maybe don’t give these homemade goodies out to those kids that come to the door (because, you know, stranger danger), but if you’re hosting a party or just looking to get into the spooky spirit, here are 20 classic candy recipe to try.
1. Milky Way Bar: A successful candy bar copycat always comes down to the texture, and this recipe nails the gooey caramel and nougat of the classic Milky Way bar. You’ll need a mixer and a candy thermometer, but the end result is totally worth the time it takes to get these right. (via Whisk Kid)
2. Butterfinger Bar: With only three ingredients and no candy-making skills required, these dupes are oh-so easy to make. The hardest part will actually be trying not to eat them all. Take them to work and share the love to keep yourself from scarfing down the whole batch immediately. (via Pip and Ebby)
3. Twix Bar: Sometimes a dupe ends up being even better than the original. That might just happen if you actually make the shortbread part of these DIY Twix-like bars. You could buy shortbread cookies to make the recipe a little easier, but once you taste the homemade version, you’ll never go back to the store-bought ones again. (via LRF)
4. Watermelon Hard Candies: You can easily make these any summery flavor you want. Plus, you can even make them into lollipops by adding little sticks to the syrup while it’s hardening. (via Fork and Beans)
6. DIY Saltwater Taffy: You won’t have to feel bad about skipping the gym to make taffy, because this candy is an arm workout in itself. After burning all those calories folding and stretching a giant roll of taffy, you won’t have to feel guilty at all about eating a few extra pieces. (via Vanilla and Lace)
7. Payday Bars: Homemade Payday candy bars involve the sticky-sweetness of caramel balanced out by the crunch of salty peanuts. Whip up some easy caramel with dulce de leche and pour it over a pan of peanuts for the easiest assembly ever. We dare you to try to resist sneaking samples while they cool in the fridge, but definitely won’t judge if you do. (via Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice)
8. Cadbury Bar: Have you tried Cadbury’s Marvellous Creations bars? It involves popping candy, mini M&Ms and little jelly sweets. The first thing that hits you is that tingly tongue sensation from the pop rocks, the crunch of the M&Ms and the sticky jelly pieces — it’s probably the most fun you’ve ever eaten. If you can’t find them in your town, recreate this chocolate bar and see why they are so instantly addictive. (via Sweet 2 Eat Baking)
9. Homemade Mallo Cups: Doesn’t this picture just make you start craving one of those perfect little marshmallow chocolate pillows? Now you can keep a stash in the freezer for whenever you find yourself needing an extra sweet treat of homemade coconut marshmallow fluff covered in chocolate. (via How Sweet It Is)
10. Thin Mints: The good thing about this recipe is that they are so easy you can make them whenever you need a cookie. The bad thing is that they are so easy, you can make them whenever you need a cookie. (And don’t tell anyone, but they’re vegan too.) (via Averie Cooks)
11. Sparkly Fruit Gummies: You see these gummies out a lot around Christmas, but they are so fun and colorful that we think they are a fun treat any time of the year. Choose a specific color palette to go along with your summer party theme or baby shower. (via Our Best Bites)
14. Sour Watermelon Gummies: Don’t waste your treat allowance on corn syrup. These gummy candies could almost call themselves healthy with the amount of natural fruit juice they have in them. They’re the perfectly fruity summer treat. (via Meatified)
15. Lemon Drops: Make a batch of these pretty hard candies to have on hand any time you’re entertaining. There is something inviting and charming about a candy bowl that’s always full of goodies. (via Fork and Beans)
17. Resees Peanut Butter Cups: Ah, the holy grail of Halloween candy! If you’re a beginning candy maker, this recipe isn’t too difficult, plus they’re secretly healthy. We won’t tell if you don’t. (via Desserts With Benefits)
What’s the best candy dupe you’ve ever made? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.