This Workout Could Get Rid of Your Hangover
Maybe it was the pretty floral cocktails served at girls’ night or your bestie’s wedding cocktail lounge that did you in — either way, hangovers are inevitable. They can have us trying any and every hangover hack in the book. Sometimes, as awful as it sounds, a tough-love sweat session might be just what the body needs.
1. 20 Minutes of “Chelsea:” “This is a classic CrossFit benchmark workout that’s been scaled, so there’s no risk of getting sick mid workout. Every minute on the minute, perform five pull-ups, 10 push-ups and 15 air squats. Each round should take between 35-45 seconds. Scale the number of reps from the start if you don’t think you can make that timeframe. If you don’t finish a round in the allotted minute, rest and start back up the following minute.”
2. Interval Rowing + Running: “Grab a friend, partner, perhaps someone you met the night before (judgment-free zone here!) and trade off between a 400-meter row and a 400-meter run. This is not a sprint pace, but after 8-10 rounds, you will be sweating out all of the toxins AND cervezas.”
3. Water workout: “Even if last night’s drinks have your head spinning, you won’t have a problem understanding this workout. It’s simple. It doesn’t matter whether you’re near an ocean, a pool or a pond — just get in the water. Set a distance to swim and do it. If you’re in the ocean, wear a mask and snorkel, and enjoy the environment.”
4. Tabata Something Else: “Any variation of Tabata bodyweight movements — 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for eight rounds — will do the trick. For this, think pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups and air squats. Start with 20 seconds of pull-ups and follow that with 10 seconds of rest before repeating that cycle for seven more rounds. From there, move on to push-ups and move down the list accordingly.
To make the workout extra salty (yes, we’re talking saltier than the rim of last night’s margarita), rest at the bottom of your squat for all eight rounds of the Tabata air squats. We’ve dubbed this “bottom to bottom.’”
5. Lunges and Burpees: “Lunges and burpees are two classic functional training movements; pairing them together makes for a grueling workout. Alternate lunges and burpees and follow a pyramid style workout: Start at 40 reps and work your way down to 10. Expert tip: If you mixed and matched liquors the night before, you may want to start with a round of 30.”
If you have a go-to workout to rid yourself of the night before, tweet us the moves @BritandCo!
(Photos via Reebok)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)