12 Wedding Cocktail Lounges for Your Big Day
Every bride can agree that the thing they care about most — besides looking and feeling fab — is that their guests have a blast at their wedding. One way to ensure a good time is to create a personalized wedding cocktail lounge (or two!) for your guests to relax in. Think of it like inviting your guests into your living room… except, you’re dressed a tad snazzier than usual. A cocktail lounge will provide the perfect setting for your guests to mingle and get to know each other in between your ceremony and reception. Plus, it’ll really set your wedding apart, decor-wise. Just choose your furniture style — be it vintage, modern, boho or rustic — and throw on plenty of pillows and textiles to make it a comfy addition to your wedding. Scroll on to get inspired by these 12 uber-inviting cocktail lounges.
1. All White: For a classy space, choose all-white seating, gilded tables and metallic accents like candles. Then pair with a soft color like lavender or blush to add a bit more of a whimsical vibe. (via Style Me Pretty / Elysium Productions)
2. Old World Vignette: There’s nothing like a gramophone, some velvet chairs and a vintage couch to set the mood. This cocktail lounge would look great at a NOLA wedding or any vintage-inspired fête. Bonus points if the gramophone actually plays some lounge-ready beats. (via 100 Layer Cake / Elizabeth Fogarty)
3. Southwest Inspired: Gorgeous textiles take this lounge to the next level. If you aren’t sure how to get the look, Etsy is a great resource for finding unique pillows and rugs that will give your lounge an extra special touch. (via Style Me Pretty / Rylee Hitchner Photography)
4. A Boho Retreat: A teepee acts as the main inspiration for this southwestern, boho-inspired ranch wedding. Regardless of your theme, using a teepee will create an environment where your guests feel cozy. Just be sure to use tons of throw pillows, rugs and textiles to complete the look. (via Green Wedding Shoes / Katie Pritchard Photo)
5. Tropical Oasis: Vivid plants, bright colors and natural wood details make this tropical cocktail lounge a standout. Get the look by collecting pillows that fit your color palette to create a comfy setting for guests. (via Green Wedding Shoes / Krista A. Jones Photography)
6. Mad Men Style: Mid-Century details make this industrial-chic cocktail lounge great for any city wedding. Pro tip: Let your own personal interior design style guide your overall approach to your wedding cocktail lounge for a look you’ll love. (via Green Wedding Shoes / Steve Cowell Photo)
7. Resort Chic: Don’t feel overwhelmed by the design of your cocktail lounge! This setting is simple *and* easy to replicate. Patterned pillows, a beautiful floral arrangement and candles are all you’ll need to make this a beautiful and inviting space. (via Green Wedding Shoes / Taryn Baxter Photography)
8. Southern Charm: When planning a wedding cocktail lounge, choose furniture pieces that reflect your personal style. Start by shopping flea markets, looking for prop rental businesses or even borrowing a piece from your own home! This Southern-inspired lounge is all kinds of classy. (via Style Me Pretty / Brianna Wilbur Photography)
9. Garden Vibes: Caution: Your guests may never want to leave this bohemian garden hangout. And who needs chairs when the bright pillows and florals create such a dreamy lounge? (via Vogue / John Dolan)
10. Vintage Velvet: Furniture that provides a pop of color adds an extra special touch to any outdoor venue. Make it vintage, and you have a perfectly curated space for your big day. (via Lace and Likes)
11. Rustic Hangout: Use existing elements of your venue to save money and blend in with the surroundings. This barn wedding created a magical setting with hay bales, while the white linens and string lights provide an elevated look. (via Green Wedding Shoes / Studio 127 Photography)
12. California Modern: Modern details make this lounge the ultimate cocktail nook. Make it your own by looking for pieces with clean lines and gold details. And don’t forget the texture — the cowhide pouf and faux fur pillow really round out this space. (via Green Wedding Shoes / Hannah Costello Photography)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)