With ’90s nostalgia reaching a fever pitch, we aren’t surprised to see high-necked tops popping up everywhere. Not only does the style show some skin in an unexpected way by highlighting your collarbone and shoulders, but the conservative neckline also allows you to get adventurous with your hemline or opt for a low-cut back, all the while maintaining a certain level of sophistication. Check out some of our favorite ways to wear this alluring trend through the rest of summer and into fall!
1. Cutout Swing Dress ($20): This flowy sleeveless dress features a cutout back and keyhole front to show just the right amount of skin.
2. Tropical Skater Dress ($107): Keep the summer vibe going strong with this retro tropical pattern and a flared silhouette that is sure to flatter.
3. Flame Game Dress ($70): Set fire to your night with this dramatic maxi dress. The high neck is balanced with a plunging back and criss-cross adjustable straps.
4. Plaid Fit + Flare Dress ($25): Part shirt dress, part skater dress, this high necked plaid dress is all mod and the perfect segue piece from summer to fall.
6. High Neck Lace Tank Top ($99): With a drapey fit, this decadent lace top features metallic embellishment and a ruffled, crinkled chiffon hem. You can wear it casually with a plaid shirt over it or a bit more elegantly with a pencil skirt and a blazer.
7. Lacey Love High Neck Tank ($20): Style this swing cropped top with high waisted jeans for a effortlessly cool summer look.
8. Meadow Max Chain Neck Maxi ($170): A chunky chain neck piece gathers the cutaway bodice of this breezy maxi dress in a fun floral print, while the studded belt adds edge and shape to the flowing frock.
9. Floral Halter Dress ($23): Embrace the last blooms of summer with this pretty pastel shift dress.
11. Lace Sheath Dress ($230: A high contrast floral lace follows the funnel neck and cutaway shoulder bodice of this fitted minidress.
12. Mini Peplum Dress ($70): With a high neck and flared waist, this hot red number emphasizes your figure in all the right places.
14. Textured High Neck Tunic ($70): This high neck top features a high-low hemline making it perfect to wear with leggings and skinny jeans. Or, pair with a wrap skirt for a sophisticated office look.
15. Multicolor Sheath Dress ($43): Look effortlessly sexy in a super soft sheath dress that showcases your curves, while the high neck and cutaway arm holes add modern detail to its timeless style.
16. High Neck Skater Dress ($43): Get flirty with this skater dress that also features a roomy high neck — perfect for when temperatures get colder!
17. High Neck Lace Insert Top ($55): Add a little extra glamor to your wardrobe with this lacey tank top. The cherry red color makes this piece a definite show-stopper.
18. Funnel Neck Sheath Dress ($23): Channel ’60s glamour in this super sophisticated funnel neck sheath dress that has side pockets. Because everybody needs a Barbie dress in their closet.
19. High Neck Self Tie Blouse ($15): This flowy chiffon blouse features a self tie high neck and buttoned back keyhole for pretty workplace attire.
20. Frock And Frill Skater Dress ($281): This emerald green party number has a vintage vibe. The art deco detailing gives it a truly unique style.
21. High Neck Long Sleeve ($64): Pair a long sleeved shirt with a cropped top to keep things cool and summery.
Do you find the high neck a flattering trend? Let us know in the comments below!