Nope, we’re not talking about your grandma’s embroidery (though we know you love her very much). We are talking about the beautiful, unique and, most importantly, modern variety. You know, the kind that makes everyone automatically go, “GORGEOUS! Where’d you get it?!” Embroidered clothing is one of our favorite trends of the year, and here are 25 reasons why.
1. Curve Kimono with Embroidered Back ($86): Business in the front, party in the back. This is floral embroidery done seriously right.
3. Embroidered Shorts with Embellished Hem ($86): Embroidery and embellishment mirrors? Not only are these shorts totally fab, but they look amazing with that black off-the-shoulder top.
5. Allover Embroidered Bow Dress ($149): Okay, wait. This is the best floral dress EVER. Can you say bridal shower?
7. Vintage Fuchsia Embroidered Dress ($325): We know this is pretty pricey, but after taking a good look at the beautifully intricate embroidery, you’ll see why it’s worth every penny.
8. Curve Premium Embroidered Swing Dress ($124): Swing dresses are some of the most comfortable things in the entire world, but that certainly doesn’t mean that they aren’t stylish. This one, paired with some cute strappy sandals, would be an excellent choice for a casual outing.
9. Embroidered Open-Front Cardigan ($23): Pinch us; we must be dreaming. Have breathtaking, embroidered cardigans always been available at prices this affordable?
11. Placement Embroidered Shift Dress ($162): Neons and nudes are a popular mix. Probably because of how well they complement each other. Wear this wonderful shift dress to a daytime wedding.
13. Sweatshirt with Geo-Tribal Embroidered Sleeves ($81): Never before has anyone looked this incredible in a sweatshirt. We’d recommend styling it exactly as pictured — with an edgy leather skirt!
14. Embroidered Organza Skirt ($25): Minis and midis are absolutely in this season, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rock lengths in between. This dainty skirt and that simple black crop top have a very modern Audrey Hepburn feel to them.
15. Embroidered Kimono ($124): That’s not a cape, silly. It’s a modern kimono, aka one of the cleverest ways to cover yourself up and stay cool at the same time.
17. Embroidered Pencil Skirt ($168): Pencil skirts have been a staple in women’s wardrobes for ages, probably because of the fact that they’re flattering for all shapes and sizes. And this one is no exception.
19. Embroidered Peasant Top ($25): It’s colorful embroidery, executed in a completely not over-the-top manner. This simple peasant top has won our hearts over.
20. Embroidered Mesh Sleeve Pencil Dress ($111): Most of the embroidery has been floral or geometric so far, so it’s time to add some organic lines to the mix. Wear this stunning LBD to a cocktail party and you’ll be the center of attention.
21. Embroidered Mesh Peplum Top ($20): If you liked that sheer cardigan, you’ll definitely love this peplum top. Three cheers for mesh embroidery!
22. Cyndie Skirt ($58): Slips always seem to ride up, which completely defeats the purpose of even having one. Fortunately for us, this Cyndie skirt is cleverly lined with a pair of silky shorts. So sneaky!
23. Hey Love Embroidered Crop Top ($150): We really just can’t seem to get enough of this sheer embroidery! The transparent fabric is pretty modern, and the embroidery is slightly ornate, creating an attractively eclectic look.
25. Embroidered Woven Mini ($11): And finally, a woven mini that looks a bit like a quilt. Just because we kind of do miss our grandma’s embroidery and quilt-making.
What’s your take on this embroidery trend? Unfold your thoughts in the comments below!