Aaaaand we’re off to the commute races once more! Hope you had a nice relaxing weekend filled with lots of royal baby watching ;) Now that Monday has swung back around, it’s time to prep for the next five days by deciding exactly how you’re going to entertain yourself to and from work twice a day. We’ve got lots of ladies to keep you company this week (with a side of male YouTuber): from Hilary Duff and Amy Schumer to Whoopi and a trio of girlfriends, you’re guaranteed to feel some epic female empowerment before, after and maybe even during this week’s work hours.
1. TV Land’s Younger + Younger by Pamela Redmond Satran (Available on Amazon, Barnes + Noble, Books-A-Million, Google Play, iBooks + IndieBound): 2015 has seriously been a mega comeback year for Hil. From launching a new single to rebooting her style and starring in a new TV Land series from Sex and the City creator Darren Star — which just got picked up for a second season, FYI — that’s basically a combo of SATC + The Devil Wears Prada. After bingeing on the first five episodes, check out the novel the series is based on while you wait for new episodes every week. The Duffster definitely isn’t so yesterday anymore. (Photo via TV Land)
2. Inside Amy Schumer: The third season of the 2015 MTV Movie Awards host’s show returned last week with a bang (and lots of booty!). If you can’t get enough sketch comedy, this smart — and seriously raunchy — series will provide you plenty of chuckles. Advisory warning: Don’t even try watching any of the show’s clips at the office. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
3. Variety‘s 2015 Power of Women Issue: The weekly entertainment trade publication released its list of ladies that use their clout to bring attention to worthy causes. Discover what famous gals Whoopi Goldberg, Rachel Weisz, Kim Kardashian, Glenn Close and Lena Dunham fight for and why and how. (Photos via Billy Kidd/Variety + Williams and Hirakawa/Variety)
4. Call Your Girlfriend (Available on audioBoom, Blog Talk Radio, iTunes, Stitcher): This podcast is for those who have long-distance besties out there. Check in with gal pals Gina Delvac, Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman every other week as they have a gabfest that rivals Sunday brunch, discussing everything from making friends after college, Hillary Clinton, rom-coms, emoji and way more. You can thank us later for introducing you to your new BFFs.
5. A Work in Progress: A Memoir by Connor Franta (Available on Amazon, Audible, Barnes + Noble, Books-A-Million, Google Play, iBooks, IndieBound): This debut autobiography from the 22-year-old YouTuber covers everything from his Midwestern youth, which involved struggles with identity, body image and sexuality, to his recent career journey that involves following his creative and artistic passions by becoming a YouTube personality, philanthropist and entrepreneur. Not only is this read a real insight into the life of a millennial, but it also offers a rollercoaster journey from a young and promising voice. (Photo via Jesse Grant/Getty)
Will you be using any (or all!) of these picks for your commute this week? Let us know in the comments or share your own picks with us on Twitter @britandco.