40 of the Best Gifts for Mom That She’ll Love + *Actually* Use
By now, you’ve probably already at least thought about what you want to gift the mom(s) in your life for the holidays this year. Whether it’s a new gym bag for an always-on-the-go mom, a snazzy set of lipsticks for your MIL who’s always hosting parties or a smart home device that virtually connects your empty-nester-mom with her loved ones in a snap, there are a slew of rad gifts out there to consider. Forget about giving (and don’t even consider re-gifting — the horror!) your mom something lame and step up your game this year, because — let’s be real — moms deserve the absolute best (hi, mom!). Here are 40 of the best gifts for mom this year:
Gift Ideas for the Social Mom
1. Please and Thanks Cards Guest Book ($30): What’s a party without a guest book?! Have every guest that attends your shindig sign in and create a too-cute book of memories.
2. Milk & Sugar Geometric Doormat Slate ($50): Give off super welcoming vibes with this sleek doormat. Its geometric design works well with a number of different styles and colors, so you can get a ton of life out of it.
3. Stila Eternally Yours Liquid Lipstick Set ($39): These liquid lipsticks have a cult-like following, so the fact that you can score six killer shades in this set RULES.
4. White Whale Cocktail Mixers ($30): Bring the flavors of exotic herbs and juices into your cocktails with these punchy mixers. These are perfect to keep on hand for your holiday party-hosting duties!
5. Cordillera Delta II Necklace ($50): Sleek and stylish, this necklace can be paired with *so many* styles and colors, making it a perfect gift for the mom who needs a versatile statement piece of jewelry.
6. Moglea Make Today Lovely Notepad ($16): Start the day off on the right foot with this notepad. It’s the perfect place to jot down your to-do list for the day.
7. Real Life Entertaining: Easy Recipes and Unconventional Wisdom by Jennifer Rubell ($13): Inspire the mom in your life to get her Julia Child on with this entertaining-themed cookbook.
8. Jawbone Mini Jambox ($130): Get the holiday music bumping with this colorful mini speaker that packs serious volume. You can use this with just a few guests or pump tunes throughout your entire house. It’s that powerful.
Gift Ideas for the Hostess Mom
10. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit ($80): Simply put, this is a truly legit makeup kit. From highlighters in golden, peachy and champagne shades to two-toned shimmery powders that will give you a healthy radiance, this set is your one-stop shop to get your glow on.
11. Poketo Ceramic Ice Cream Cone Set ($38): If you’re gonna have ice cream, have ice cream in a cone! This cute set makes ice cream taste even sweeter ;)
12. Upper Metal Class Cross Bar Ring in Bronze ($45): This simple ring can be worn year-round and adds a touch of minimalistic class to anything you pair it with.
13. Prestat Pink Champagne Truffles ($24): Talk about indulgent! These fancy truffles taste as good as the cheery packaging looks. They’d make the perfect after-dinner sweet treat.
14. Corkcicle Air ($22): This four-in-one tool acts as a chiller, pourer, aerator and stopper. It’s basically the only beverage product you need to keep the drinks flowing and your guests happy during the holidays.
15. Draper James Playing Card Set ($38): Bring back the old-school playing card games with this adorable set. Just because this set is cute doesn’t mean you can’t get super serious about Go Fish ;)
16. March Large Suede Pot Holders ($22): These bright blue pot holders are functional and add a solid dose of color to your kitchen at the same time. Oh, and who doesn’t love suede in the kitchen?!
Gift Ideas for the Empty Nester Mom
17. Fujifilm Instax Instant Smartphone Printer ($200): Even though your kids may only be home for the holidays, savor every moment with this fun, modern version of a Polaroid. There’s nothing better than snapping a pic and being able to instantly put it on the fridge.
18. Oliver Yew! Open Letter Ring ($42): Get all sweet and sentimental in a minimalistic way with this precious ring. You can have it customized so it represents something special to you.
20. Brit + Co Watercolor Painting Kit ($119): Why not show off a new skill you’ve learned over the holidays? Surprise your loved ones when they come into town and gift them with a unique painting of yours — meaningful and creative gifts FTW!
21. Nucleus Intercom System ($179): Stay connected (21st-century style, duh) with loved ones thanks to this nifty device that brings the power of video and WiFi to the old-school intercom system. Basically, this is *the* smart home device for the mom who values modern communication and safety.
22. Book Riot Subscription ($50): Book lovers, this rad subscription box is for you! You’ll get a book-themed box of goodies (including at least one book) every three months. There’s nothing like cozying up on the couch with a good read, right?
23. All Roads Design Collaged Majida Throw ($148): This stunning throw has such an interesting aesthetic — it’s definitely a statement piece that adds a level of cool design to any space. Bonus: It also looks super warm.
24. PureGuardian Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser ($43): Make your home as inviting as possible for your loved ones and guests with this spa-like aromatherapy oil diffuser. There’s nothing like walking into a house and being met with an insanely good scent.
Gift Ideas for the Active Mom
25. Herschel Supply Co Hanson Backpack ($55): This pinky-purple backpack is perfect for throwing over your shoulder as you’re on your way to the gym (for one of those grueling post-holiday workouts, ugh). It’s big enough to fit your workout essentials but cute enough that you’ll want to show it off.
26. cheero Power Plus Charger Extra Small ($34): If you’re going to charge your phone on the go, why not bring some personality into your power source? That’s what you’re getting with this cheeky charger — it’s so cute!
27. UP3 by Jawbone ($180): The holidays are an especially active time of year, so take advantage of smart fitness trackers that can provide you with data about your health and fitness. You won’t even realize you’re wearing it, but you’ll learn some valuable info from it for sure.
28. Tangle Teezer Detangling Brush($15): This is the perfect brush — that specializes in detangling — to toss in that new gym backpack of yours ;). It’s designed so it doesn’t pull on your hair, but instead gently works through tangles so it’s less painful.
29. Made by Monorail Studio Let’s Climb A Mountain Together Print ($25): Get motivated with this fun print. Come on, how could you not carpe diem if you saw this print every day?!
30. S’well Santorini Water Bottle ($35): Stay stylish while you sip your water. This pretty water bottle will keep your drink hot or cold all day long, so this is a must-have during those crazy-long holiday shopping days (and gym sessions).
31. Bittersweet Flower Design Hair Tie Bracelet ($45): Never be without a hair tie again thanks to this bracelet-meets-hair-tie-holder. It’s pretty enough that only you’ll know it doubles as genius beauty tool.
32. Under Armour Studio Wrap ($100): Snuggle up with this seriously warm (and stylish) wrap that’s the perfect weight to keep you warm without weighing you down — ideal factors for the active mom.
Gift Ideas for the Homemaker Mom
33. A Sensible Habit Custom Address Stamp ($44): Get creative with your holiday cards this year using this customizable address stamp. You can even make the return address say it’s from the North Pole ;)
34. Chemex 6 Cup Coffeemaker ($42): This beauty not only is a means to get caffeine (hallelujah), but also has a truly slick design. It almost looks like a piece of art, even when it’s empty.
35. Found by B+C Bamboo Utensil Set ($15): Brighten up your always-busy kitchen with these punchy (and useful) kitchen utensils. It’s also a sure way to never mistakenly grab the wrong utensil!
36. Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Hand Cream ($22): This time of year, your hands (and nails, and cuticles) need some extra TLC in the form of a super luxurious hand cream. This moisture-packed one will leave your hands smooth, hydrated and free of any signs of winter skin.
37. Dot & Bo Mason Jar Dish Towel ($15): Everything *is* better in a mason jar — it’s true. Reinforce this statement to anyone in your kitchen with these fun dish towels!
38. Rifle Paper Co. Citrus Floral Recipe Box & Cards ($34): While we love tech + apps, it’s nice to keep things old school sometimes and hand-write things like recipes. You can pass these down to loved ones and have a sweet keepsake box that looks great on your countertop too.
39. Parrot Flower Power Plant Health Sensor ($60): Welcome to modern gardening, y’all. This connected gardening device gives you extra intel about the health of your plants when you connect it to its accompanying app on your smartphone. Boom.
40. Banjo & Matilda Cashmere Slippers ($175): These ballet slippers are incredibly soft and cozy, thanks to the cashmere, but also cute — look at those little bows and the red stitching on the back. It’s all in the deatils with these!
What are you going to gift your mom this year? Share your thoughts in the comments below.