8 Ways to Plan Your Wedding Like Lauren Conrad
This past weekend, Lauren Conrad officially tied the knot to William Tell at an intimate ceremony along the coast of California. And let us tell you, we couldn’t be happier for the couple whose courtship we’ve been hearting on Instagram since Tell popped the question in October 2013.
Ever since she said “yes,” LC (or should we now say, LT?!) has been flooding her feed with wedding planning details big and small, each of which has served as major inspo for any girl itching to DIY her nuptials every step of the way. While we wait for Lo to share a square or two from her September 13 ceremony (refresh, refresh!), scroll through Lauren Conrad’s most adorable and inspiring moments throughout her picture-perfect engagement.
1. “Best Surprise Ever”: Yep, we agree! Not only are we obsessed with Lo’s gold banded rock, but we’re also in L.O.V.E. with her rose gold + diamond “love” band ($860). Accessorize your engagement bling in the cheap with a lookalike ring that you can easily DIY with wire and jewelry pliers.
2. “Time to break these out!”: Of course you’re gonna want to spread the big news. Take a cue from LC and do it in style to both your Facebook friends and IRL besties with old school engagement announcements that feel just a little more official.
3. “My <3”: There’s no doubt you + your fiancé are feeling over the moon, so catch that freshly betrothed flame on camera with an engagement photo shoot as adorable as you two. As you can see from Lauren’s snaps, no shot is too cute or creative to not feature that ring!
4. “Almost too cute to eat… Almost”: The sweetest treat for the sweetest occasion — and these bridal sugar cookies are just the beginning of the DIY inspo from Lauren’s beachy bachelorette.
5. “In love with these sweet little BHLDN notebooks”: It looks like even the vows at Lo’s ceremony were DIY-ed! Write your to-haves and to-holds in exact same notebooks ($28) as LC + WT prepped theirs, then go ahead and mark that off of your big day checklist.
6. “A behind the scenes shot… with a few of my beautiful bridesmaids”: Lauren even had her fingerprints all over her bridesmaids’ looks, designing a range of altar-ready dresses that her besties (and yours too!) could feel as beautiful in as the bride on her big day. Keep your bridal party just as smitten by okay-ing wear-again dresses your girls can style out at the wedding and beyond.
7. “Good news bridesmaids! Turns out my mother saved all of her bridesmaid dresses so…”: This post would have been wayyy less jk/LOL if Lo posted it before letting her bridesmaids choose their big day looks. Unleash your inner prankster by sharing your fav photo outtakes and OMG poses like these awesomely awkward bridesmaids + wedding photo fails that are actually #winning.
8. “#tellmeyouloveme”: From the custom hashtag to the personalized party decor, Lauren’s bridal shower might have been the dreamiest pre-wedding bash we’ve ever been virtually invited to. Learn how to throw a party for the future Mrs. like a pro, straight from Lo’s closest family and friends.
What caught-on-Insta moments from LC’s engagement are your favorite? How are you going about documenting and planning your wedding? Will you be DIY-ing any (or every) aspect of your ceremony? Tell us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)