8 Ways to Plan Your Wedding Like Lauren Conrad
This past weekend, Lauren Conrad officially tied the knot to William Tell at an intimate ceremony along the coast of California. And let us tell you, we couldn’t be happier for the couple whose courtship we’ve been hearting on Instagram since Tell popped the question in October 2013.
Ever since she said “yes,” LC (or should we now say, LT?!) has been flooding her feed with wedding planning details big and small, each of which has served as major inspo for any girl itching to DIY her nuptials every step of the way. While we wait for Lo to share a square or two from her September 13 ceremony (refresh, refresh!), scroll through Lauren Conrad’s most adorable and inspiring moments throughout her picture-perfect engagement.
1. “Best Surprise Ever”: Yep, we agree! Not only are we obsessed with Lo’s gold banded rock, but we’re also in L.O.V.E. with her rose gold + diamond “love” band ($860). Accessorize your engagement bling in the cheap with a lookalike ring that you can easily DIY with wire and jewelry pliers.
2. “Time to break these out!”: Of course you’re gonna want to spread the big news. Take a cue from LC and do it in style to both your Facebook friends and IRL besties with old school engagement announcements that feel just a little more official.
3. “My <3”: There’s no doubt you + your fiancé are feeling over the moon, so catch that freshly betrothed flame on camera with an engagement photo shoot as adorable as you two. As you can see from Lauren’s snaps, no shot is too cute or creative to not feature that ring!
4. “Almost too cute to eat… Almost”: The sweetest treat for the sweetest occasion — and these bridal sugar cookies are just the beginning of the DIY inspo from Lauren’s beachy bachelorette.
5. “In love with these sweet little BHLDN notebooks”: It looks like even the vows at Lo’s ceremony were DIY-ed! Write your to-haves and to-holds in exact same notebooks ($28) as LC + WT prepped theirs, then go ahead and mark that off of your big day checklist.
6. “A behind the scenes shot… with a few of my beautiful bridesmaids”: Lauren even had her fingerprints all over her bridesmaids’ looks, designing a range of altar-ready dresses that her besties (and yours too!) could feel as beautiful in as the bride on her big day. Keep your bridal party just as smitten by okay-ing wear-again dresses your girls can style out at the wedding and beyond.
7. “Good news bridesmaids! Turns out my mother saved all of her bridesmaid dresses so…”: This post would have been wayyy less jk/LOL if Lo posted it before letting her bridesmaids choose their big day looks. Unleash your inner prankster by sharing your fav photo outtakes and OMG poses like these awesomely awkward bridesmaids + wedding photo fails that are actually #winning.
8. “#tellmeyouloveme”: From the custom hashtag to the personalized party decor, Lauren’s bridal shower might have been the dreamiest pre-wedding bash we’ve ever been virtually invited to. Learn how to throw a party for the future Mrs. like a pro, straight from Lo’s closest family and friends.
What caught-on-Insta moments from LC’s engagement are your favorite? How are you going about documenting and planning your wedding? Will you be DIY-ing any (or every) aspect of your ceremony? Tell us in the comments below.
Whether you want to tap into some holiday nostalgia, or find a fun DIY to do with your kiddos, this simple snow globe craft offers both! Together with Camp by Walmart, we built a customizable crafting journey so you can execute this decor upgrade based on your style preferences and the supplies you have around the house. For this project, you'll need to decide if you want your snow globe to be inside of a mason jar or glass orb, what type of snow you want (hello, glitter!), and what holiday scene should go inside. With 16 possible outcomes, we can't wait to see what you come up with. Check it out by watching the winter wonderland snow globe tutorial now!