11 Snacks to Nosh on While You’re Trimming the Tree
Decking the halls with boughs of holly can certainly work up an appetite. To get into the holiday spirit, you might play a little music, light a candle and sing a carol or two while you work. Okay, so there may be a few grumbles while the lights are untangled, but this year, things will be even better because you plan to take advantage of all the flavors of the season (Gingerbread! Peppermint! Caramel!) and start a new tradition: snacking *while* decorating. Check out these 11 tasty snacks to keep you from getting hangry while you trim the tree.
1. Three-Ingredient Chocolate Bark: The holidays are all about chocolate, right? Making your own is way easier than you might think. If you’re looking for something to gift to coworkers and friends, this recipe is customizable — just add whatever you have in your pantry. (via Yeah… I’mma Eat That)
2. Gingerbread Cookie Dough Cups: Take a pass on the Reese’s Peanut Butter trees this year — you can make a way better DIY version at home. Plus, making these is almost as fun as decorating the tree. (via Yeah… I’mma Eat That)
3. Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Knots: Give cinnamon rolls some seasonal flair with these apple cinnamon knots. You can make a batch for breakfast after cutting down your tree and snack on the leftovers all day long. (via The Yooper Girl)
4. Vegan Cookie Dough Truffles: Grab those candy canes and get to the kitchen to make these vegan, gluten-free treats. They’re free of refined sugar, and you’ll only need 10 minutes to make a whole batch. (via Running With Spoons)
5. Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge: You probably already have everything you need to make this super easy fudge (no candy thermometer required!). A word to the wise: Double the recipe so you’ll have plenty to eat while you’re decorating the tree, and even more to give away as gifts. (via Brit + Co)
6. Hazelnut & Cherry Whole Grain Crackers: The sweet, fruity, nutty flavor of these crackers provides the perfect vessel for all those seasonal dips and cheeses. Regular crackers never had a chance. (via The Kitchn)
7. Almond Joy Energy Bites: Any snack that has chocolate, coconut + almond butter can’t be wrong. You don’t even need to turn on the oven to make these healthy energy bites. (via How Sweet It Is)
8. No-Bake Christmas Tree Cookies: Everyone will be impressed by your handiwork with these cute little trees, and you won’t even have to turn on the oven. Don’t skip the multipurpose mini M&Ms — they’re delicious and add “ornamental” (get it?) pops of color. (via The Recipe)
9. Cinnamon Dark Chocolate Chip Biscotti: Biscotti were made for enjoying with a hot beverage, which you’re sure to want after spending the afternoon picking out your tree. (via Kristine’s Kitchen Blog)
10. Easy Pretzel Pecan Turtles: The best snacks don’t make you chose between sweet + salty. You only need four ingredients for this cute little snack, and it’s easy to make ahead and store in the fridge. (via Sarah’s Bake Studio)
11. Maple Bacon Bourbon Popcorn: This gluten-free snack hits all the right notes. If you’re heading over to a friend’s to help decorate, this is the perfect hostess gift as well. (via Bless Her Heart Ya’ll)
How delicious are these little treats? Follow us on Pinterest for more holiday baking inspo.