Ready or not, festival season is approaching! Get ready to pull out those flowy bohemian frocks and denim cut-offs. It’s time to dance your troubles away, jam to some sweet melodies, and sing your heart out with your beloved crew. Ah, sounds like *the* life! But, of course, not all of us are lucky enough to snag tickets to every festival this season (raises hand). For those of us who might be live streaming the performances from home, fear not! We’ve teamed up with Cupcake Vineyards for 14 tips on how to bring the joyous festival vibes to your next cocktail party. So read on and get ready to gather your peeps for an unforgettable rendezvous, filled with bubbles and boho feels, all hosted by the incredible YOU.
1. Dress the part. Festival season is not only about the music; it’s also about the fashion. Let your friends know that this special get-together is to be filled with floral frills, bohemian frocks, strappy tank tops, and fringe-tastic earrings. Put up the dress code and have everyone dress the part!
2. Get creative with your bites and beverages. Here at Brit + Co, we’re ALL about jazzin’ up your bites and drinks. Cupcake Vineyards provides a variety of recipes that would be perfect for your next rendezvous. Mosey on over, and check them out!
3. Curate your very own festival-inspired playlist. What’s a festival-inspired party without some bumpin’ music? Save your favorite tunes, bring out the wireless speakers, and get the dance party started!
4. Create a DIY flower crown station. No festival look would be complete without the esteemed flower crown. Gather some tissue paper or faux flowers, and let your girlfriends customize their very own statement headband.
5. Layer on the blankets, pillows, and poufs. We looooovee all things colorful and comfy. Make the space inviting by creating a cozy lounge with some cute picnic blankets, fringe pillows, and colorful poufs.
6. Cool off with Pop-tails. That’s right: wine AND frozen pops. Cupcake Vineyards has been serving these amazing pop-tails at their festival activations, and we’re OBSESSED! There has never been a combination more perfect for the up and coming sunny days and warm nights. Just dunk, sip, and repeat.
7. Set the mood with some string lights. Outdoor string lights are the perfect way to add a magical touch to your party. Pop them onto a tent-like environment and you’ve got a dazzling outdoor oasis that is perfect for festival season entertaining.
8. Customize some flash tattoos. Shine bright with your besties by creating your very own temporary tattoos. Easy to adhere and remove, the metallic designs will definitely be a fun addition for your glamorous soiree.
9. DIY a portable corn hole game. Where there are people, drinks, and music, there must be games. Have your friends interact with each other through some friendly rounds of corn hole and other delightful lawn games.
10. Have a pool? Blow up the floaties! Most music festivals take place in desert-type areas, and where there is a desert, there’s a pool, right? Giant donuts, watermelons, and pineapples… oh my! The possibilities of fun are endless (:
11. Build a cute cooler box for your drinks. Functional and stylish, this cooler box will keep your favorite beverages cold in the hotter months. Set up a side table with glasses, cute straws, and refreshing treats, and you’ve got yourself a party!
12. DIY a hammock. Let the good vibes continue by creating a rest zone for those tired from jamming out. A little R&R never hurts, and laying back under the trees, soaking up some vitamin D will definitely help you recharge.
13. Turn on the bubble maker. As you and your friends are cooling off with some refreshing Cupcake Vineyards bubbly, dance through some real-life bubbles by investing in a bubble maker machine. It’s sure to be a highlight of the party.
14. Make a photo-worthy backdrop. Let’s be honest. Parties are ALL about the selfie moments. Throw up some colorful towels, blankets, and garland to create an easy backdrop for ALL the photo-worthy moments.
There ya go — 14 tips for hosting the best festival-inspired cocktail party ever, all with the help of Cupcake® Vineyards. Here’s to an extravagant soiree, filled with good memories, music, and people!
BONUS: If you couldn’t get enough of your festival-inspired party, enter to win a chance to attend one of the biggest music festivals this spring! That’s right, Cupcake Vineyards is the official wine sponsor of Coachella and is providing an exclusive opportunity to win a trip for two to a very fun festival, hosted right in the heart of Indio’s desert community. (Pssst… the sweepstakes ends March 25, so hop to it!)
Will you be hosting your very own festival-inspired cocktail party? We want to know! Share your photos with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sharethejoy.
©2017 Cupcake Vineyards, Livermore, CA.
Author: Karen Pham