20 String Lights You Can Keep Up All Year Long
Are you looking for a fresh way to deck the halls this year? While classic holiday string lights hold a special place in our hearts, we think it’s time to take these bulbs to the next level. We’re talking brag-worthy string lights that folks will “ooooh” and “ahhh” at when they walk through your door. We’ve rounded up 20 rad strands to buy and DIY this holiday season! Why so rad, you ask? Because while all of these string lights are December-friendly, you can also keep them up after the holidays without any neighbors making snarky comments! Talk about a bright idea ;)
1. Hot Mama Chili Pepper Lights ($17): Spice up your life (and/or your walls) with these cute Casa Noel chili pepper lights. You can definitely keep these babies up post-Navidad.
2. Paper Ranunculus String Lights: Add a floral touch to your standard string lights with our very own ranunculi lights DIY.
3. DIY Ping Pong Ball Cafe Lights: Our pal Liz Stanley over at Say Yes did this lovely DIY using ping pong balls and multicolored café lights. Cool, right? (We also love how she reinvented the DIY for Halloween!)
4. Edison String Lights ($40): Make your kitchen or patio feel like that fave chic cafe of yours with these CB2 bulbs.
5. DIY Colorful Globe String Lights: These adorable lights? Yeah, they’re made with CHEESE CLOTH. We’re trying this ASAP.
6. Star Wars R2D2 String Lights ($32): May the fluorescent force be with you all year long with these awesome R2D2 lights.
7. Clip String Lights ($24): Um, way to be GENIUS, Urban Outfitters. We’ll be using these to hang all of our Christmas cards this year.
8. OnceWed DIY Lighted Paper Pennant Garland: We’re into any string lights that double as a garland :)
9. Bright Lab String Lights ($30): A buy and DIY all in one! Jordan Ferney of Oh Happy Day! is the mastermind behind Bright Lab, where you can choose the color combo for your lights. Bonus: they look just as great when they’re not plugged in.
10. DIY Ribbon Tassel Lights: Deck the halls with this festive ribbon DIY. And how fun would these look lining your patio umbrella in spring and summer?
12. StudioDIY DIY Fringe String Lights: Crepe paper makes these plain string lights something to talk about. These are definitely New-Year’s-Eve friendly, too!
13. Flamingo String Lights ($15): Have a very quirky Christmas with these charming flamingoes, then string these dudes poolside for year-round festivities :)
14. Cotton Candy Lights: This DIY string light would be especially sweet to hang in your breakfast nook or little one’s room.
15. DIY Vellum Globe Lights: Make your garden trees glow with our super easy globe lights DIY.
16. Lit Hanging Rainlights ($50): Weave these Pottery Barn branches through your front-door wreath for an extra-special holiday garland. (We’re swooning over these ones.)
17. Rosebud Lights ($28): If we’re seeing through rose-colored glasses, we’re not complaining :) Add these blushing strands to any room for a downright dreamy atmosphere.
18. LED Wire String Lights, Battery Operated ($15): The decor possibilities are endless for these must-have battery-operated lights. Wrap tree branches, line a bar cart, garnish a gift, fill a vase, make your dog wear them for this year’s Christmas card… the list goes on and on!
19. Oh Happy Day! DIY Candy Lights: Alright, this takes the cake as the most original string light DIY we’ve seen out there. Such a smart use of cellophane!
Which string lights light up your life? Let us know in the comments below!