With all those gorgeous furniture renovations out there, it can be easy to catch the DIY bug. And if there’s one furniture reno we love, it’s color blocked furniture. Because who wants to settle for just one color? Definitely not us. If you too are a lover of color blocked anything, grab your paintbrush and check out these 12 wonderful color block furniture DIYs for a little inspiration.
1. IKEA Remodel: IKEA’s basic furniture is a great place to start when you go color blocking. Smooth, clean lines make it easy to envision the transformation to a bright, modern piece. (via Apartment Therapy)
2. Dresser Drawers: We’re sure you’ve seen this one before, ’cause it’s just so amazing. Drawers are seriously the perfect place for a color block explosion. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
3. Color Blocked Chair: It could be your office desk chair or your dining room chairs, but putting neon on the legs is something you should seriously consider. (via People)
4. Dipped Side Table: Adding gold to anything makes it glam. And just a little dip of the stuff turned this side table into a gilded glory. (via Chasing Shiny Objects)
5. Shades of Pink: Color blocking can be a big change. If it puts your mind at ease, use different shades of the same color for a uniform-yet-colorful effect. (via Lonny)
6. Stacked Bookshelf: Apartment dwellers, listen up: This super-simple project would give your tiny living room a big color block impact plus amazing storage. (via Houzz)
7. Antique Makeover: Part of the fun of purchasing antiques is breathing new life into them. These dated bar stools took on a whole new look with a little paint and some tape. (via Mamie Boude)
8. Dipped Stools: You can never have too many stools in your home. So why not give them a two-tone color scheme? (via Sisters About)
9. Color Blocked Seat: This kinda reminds us of a certain IKEA chair. Chair + paint = fabulous (no matter how bright the colors are). (via Remodelista)
10. Colored Credenza: Sideboard styling is totally in, so break out your paint or even a roll of contact paper for a simple DIY that will give you a credenza all your friends will envy. (via Bolig Liv)
11. Dipped Chairs: We can’t tell you how much we love this DIY. It’s simple, colorful and perfect for any dining chairs you own. (via Brit + Co)
12. Mondrian Desk: You don’t have to be a famous painter to take on this style of color blocking for your furniture. And if you ask us, it’s just as fab. (via Apartment Therapy)
Do you have any color blocked pieces in your home? Would you be bold enough to add some? Tell us below!