14 Products to Color Block Your Living Room
Here at Brit + Co, we’re a sucker for anything color blocked. From kitchen utensils to DIY paint jobs, we love it all. If you love it as much as we do and you’re looking to revamp your living room with this cheery trend, you’ve come to the right place. We found 14 favorite products that will totally transform your space. Whether you want to add small pops of color or go big and bold, there’s something here for everyone.
1. Hand-Painted Striped Pillow ($125): Want to go a step further? Add some pillows! Try to incorporate some of the colors in your pillow throughout the room, like a teal vase by the window if your throw pillows have a block of teal in them.
2. Tri-Colored Throw Blanket ($59): A super easy way to incorporate color blocking into your living room is by draping a multi-colored throw blanket on your couch. This works with seriously any couch — as long as it’s solid colored — so you really can’t mess it up.
3. Color Blocked Bookcase ($509): Primary colors have a grown-up effect when mixed with modern gray.
4. Made in America Wall Art ($35): Wall art is another crazy simple way to get on the blocking, and it doesn’t have to be so literal or in-your-face. A poster like this one works the look into the room without being over-the-top.
bar carts tend to just be metal, stacking different colored trays is a more playful set up.
6. Gold Dipped Vase ($25): Instead of sticking your poppies in a traditional clear vase, go for a dip-dyed option like one of these. Volià, your table is now color blocked.
7. Color Blocked Wall Decal ($18): Wall decals are a fantastic alternative to framed art and are totally attention-grabbing. This color blocked arrow adds the perfect touch under a mirror or above a door frame.
8. Color Blocked Hour Glass ($10): Using a few well-placed color blocked home accessories — like this hourglass from Anthropologie — around the room adds personality and prettiness.
9. Color Blocked Rug ($89): The beige background in this color blocked rug keeps the room from looking too overloaded with various hues.
10. Color Blocked Storage Bin ($115): If you have kids, big baskets like this are lifesavers when it comes to keeping the living room from getting cluttered. Color blocked and practical? Genius.
11. Two-Toned Origami Lampshade ($96): Replacing a standard light fixture with a one-of-a-kind piece like this one is a bright idea, indeed.
12. Color Block Citrus Print ($35): This cheery citrus print looks sweet on its own, but if you want to step up your color blocking game even more, place three in a row. They come in different colors so you can mix and match.
13. Color Blocked Storage Table ($69): A multi-colored storage table like this one does all the color blocking work for you. You can stick things like remote controls and phone chargers inside to keep the room looking spotless.
14. White, Yellow and Blue Color Blocked Pillow ($60): Throw pillows with clean lines in preppy shades pop on a solid-colored couch.