14 Products to Color Block Your Living Room
Here at Brit + Co, we’re a sucker for anything color blocked. From kitchen utensils to DIY paint jobs, we love it all. If you love it as much as we do and you’re looking to revamp your living room with this cheery trend, you’ve come to the right place. We found 14 favorite products that will totally transform your space. Whether you want to add small pops of color or go big and bold, there’s something here for everyone.
1. Hand-Painted Striped Pillow ($125): Want to go a step further? Add some pillows! Try to incorporate some of the colors in your pillow throughout the room, like a teal vase by the window if your throw pillows have a block of teal in them.
2. Tri-Colored Throw Blanket ($59): A super easy way to incorporate color blocking into your living room is by draping a multi-colored throw blanket on your couch. This works with seriously any couch — as long as it’s solid colored — so you really can’t mess it up.
3. Color Blocked Bookcase ($509): Primary colors have a grown-up effect when mixed with modern gray.
4. Made in America Wall Art ($35): Wall art is another crazy simple way to get on the blocking, and it doesn’t have to be so literal or in-your-face. A poster like this one works the look into the room without being over-the-top.
5. Solid Colored Lacquer Trays ($39): Stacked lacquered trays are a creative alternative to a bar cart. While bar carts tend to just be metal, stacking different colored trays is a more playful set up.
6. Gold Dipped Vase ($25): Instead of sticking your poppies in a traditional clear vase, go for a dip-dyed option like one of these. Volià, your table is now color blocked.
7. Color Blocked Wall Decal ($18): Wall decals are a fantastic alternative to framed art and are totally attention-grabbing. This color blocked arrow adds the perfect touch under a mirror or above a door frame.
8. Color Blocked Hour Glass ($10): Using a few well-placed color blocked home accessories — like this hourglass from Anthropologie — around the room adds personality and prettiness.
9. Color Blocked Rug ($89): The beige background in this color blocked rug keeps the room from looking too overloaded with various hues.
10. Color Blocked Storage Bin ($115): If you have kids, big baskets like this are lifesavers when it comes to keeping the living room from getting cluttered. Color blocked and practical? Genius.
11. Two-Toned Origami Lampshade ($96): Replacing a standard light fixture with a one-of-a-kind piece like this one is a bright idea, indeed.
12. Color Block Citrus Print ($35): This cheery citrus print looks sweet on its own, but if you want to step up your color blocking game even more, place three in a row. They come in different colors so you can mix and match.
13. Color Blocked Storage Table ($69): A multi-colored storage table like this one does all the color blocking work for you. You can stick things like remote controls and phone chargers inside to keep the room looking spotless.
14. White, Yellow and Blue Color Blocked Pillow ($60): Throw pillows with clean lines in preppy shades pop on a solid-colored couch.
Prefer to DIY when it comes to color blocking? Share your tips in the comments!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.