14 Adorable Reasons to Host a Mini Brunch This Weekend
Text your #squad to get their resting-brunch-face ready, because mini brunch is about to become your new fave Sunday activity. This latest trend to hit the griddle takes your meal to a super literal *mini* size and it’s hella cute. Shrunken food doesn’t have to mean you’re cutting flavor, either. Scroll on to find miniature cocktails, tiny decor, and itty bitty cutlery, then get this weekend’s menu started.
1. Mini Pop Tart Recipe: Sundays were made for combining breakfast favorites with day drinking — you can roll out of bed for food and into a nap right after. Before they hit the mimosa bar, send your guests to grab a bowl of tiny Pop-Tarts cereal. (via Aww.Sam)
2. Little Party: They may not be what your friends envisioned, but the punny take on your little party will be a hit. Grab small plates, invitations, party hats, and napkins, and then watch your guests ‘gram it all morning long. (via Studio DIY)
3. Mini Chicken and Waffles Recipe: No matter the size of your brunch fest, your guests will be ready to eat. Serve up the classic chicken and waffle in an hors d’oeuvres to scale down on size, but not flavor. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
4. Cinnamon French Toast Bites Recipe: Face it — French toast tastes better when it’s bite-sized. Make all brunch dreams come true by serving dippable squares at your next brunch. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
5. DIY Mini Macaroon Cocktail Swizzles: Without a doubt, the best part of brunching is the mid-morning cocktails. Punch up your beverages with a cute mini macaroon stirrer, and you’ll all be sipping way past noon. (via Sugar and Cloth)
7. Milk and Cookie Shot Recipe: Not everyone wants to get boozy during brunch, so serve up some sweet and chocolatey cookie shots. Just be sure to double (or triple) the recipe — these will practically disappear from your dessert table. (via PopSugar)
8. Urban Outfitters Turquoise Mini Waffle Maker ($18): Aside from making fun-size waffles, use a mini waffle iron to cook V cute omelets. Bonus: The pretty turquoise will go effortlessly with your other decor.
10. DIY Mini Potted Plants: Potted plants and succulents are a must when it comes to party planning and home accents. Add a touch of greenery to your event by DIYing mini place cards or take-home favors. (via Lauren Conrad)
11. Lula Flora Pink Champagne Mini Piñata ($14): Insert tiny treats inside for your BFFs to crack open after dessert.
12. DIY Mini Macaroon Cheeseburger and Fries: DIY macaroon cheeseburgers lend a twist on a classic dish. Sprinkles are a must, so your guests know to expect sweet instead of savory. Mind: blown. (via Sugar and Cloth)
13. Donut Mini Ice Cream Cakes Recipe: Serve up mini donut-shaped ice cream cake, complete with layers of sprinkles and mint-colored frosting. This party is about to be #brunchgoals for real! (via Sugar and Cloth)
Planning on doing some more brunch planning? Follow us on Pinterest to get more inspirational ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.