While we’re still mourning the loss of balmy summer days, we’re finding solace in the slew of scene-stealing boots carefully being added to our closets. Fall has upped its footwear game from seasons past, with sock, OTK, and slouch styles establishing themselves as essentials alongside classic stiletto and block-heel options. The only question that remains is which ones to slip into. Of course, the answer to this question lies largely in their styling potential. So, to help you settle on the perfect pair, we’ve tapped 10 trend-right Instababes to show you how to rock fall’s trendiest styles all season long.
1. Geometry Lessons: Take style cues from Alice, the better half of J’aime Tout Chez Toi, and amplify the modern effect of a vertically striped or geometric print dress with sculptural square-heeled ankle boots.
2. Color Theory: This Instababe had the right idea stepping out in dress + bomber + boots combo. But the real kicker is the way she works with color. The boots’ burgundy hue makes the jacket’s trim and frock’s floral detailing really pop. (Photo via whowhatwear)
3. Sock It to Ya: It’s hard denying the appeal of the sock boot — it’s likely the easiest stepper to pull off. Daintier than a block heel, it plays nicely with mini dresses and creates an element of drama when paired with voluminous silhouettes. (Photo via @collagevintage2)
4. Combat Contrast: Attention! The best way to add edge to a fanciful frock is to slip it on with a pair of don’t-mess combat boots and a leather jacket. Test drive the look with a ladylike maxi for an element of surprise — bet they didn’t see that one coming.
5. High Roller: Take your fall style to new heights à la Chriselle Lim by snagging a set of thigh-high boots. Equal parts dramatic and daring, they’re definitely not for the faint of heart. Mini dresses are the best way to show them off, but stick with long sleeves and classic or oversized silhouettes to keep the look from feeling too OTT. (Photo via chrisellelim)
6. Monochromatic Magic: Ready to push the sartorial envelope? Inject your ensemble with a double dose of color. Julia of Maffashion gives new meaning to millennial pink, matching her maxi to an equally as high-octane pair of velvet boots. (Photo via thestylestalkercom)
7. Hygge Approved: Boots can bring a healthy dose of sass to any OOTD, but they know how to hang with your comfiest threads too. Exhibit A: Kendall Kremer’s off-duty getup. Suede knee-high boots mirror the leisurely vibe of the cozy cardi while delivering just the right amount of urban sophistication. (Photo via styledsnapshots)
8. Do Slouch: Slouchy boots are arguably the biggest trend of the season. And while you could easily wear them over skinny jeans or alongside a suede mini skirt, if street style cred is what you’re after, then rock ’em with a bold midi dress — the brighter, the better. (Photo via chloechill)
9. Statement Stompers: If elevated minimalism is more your style, lug-soled knee-highs are most definitely the way to go. Play with clean lines and large-and-in-charge accessories to nail an Instaworthy look. (Photo via zinafashionvibe)
10. Pattern Play: It’s all in the details. Look to patterned, embroidered, or embellished boots to weave an element of intrigue into an all-black or monochromatic ensemble. (Photo via offwhite.swan)
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.