Santa is watching his waistline this year, but that doesn’t mean you should skip the traditional cookie plate. Simply make a few of these 15 healthier holiday cookies instead and you’ll definitely set yourself up for getting on the nice list again next year. And there’s no need to worry about binging here — you can enjoy nibbling on this delicious selection of skinnier treats all season long.
1. Pretty Darn Healthy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies (Gluten-Free): Who wouldn’t want to get their hands on these cookies studded with peppermint crunch bits? We’re thinking chopped up peppermint bark would be an equally tasty stir-in. (via Almost Supermom)
2. Oat Thumbprint Cookies With Raspberry-Chia Jam: The gem of magenta-hued raspberry jam is the star of these refined-sugar-free cookies. You’ll want to make extra so you have enough left over to spread on toast, muffins, you name it. (via My Fussy Eater)
4. Old Fashioned Almond Gingerbread Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free): These three-ingredient cookies couldn’t be much easier to make. And all that time saved gets you to the fun part (decorating) in a flash. (via The Clean Dish)
5. Paleo Hot Cocoa Cookies With Vanilla Bean Frosting: A swirl of vanilla-bean-flecked frosting is a fabulous finishing touch for these hot cocoa cookies. It may be even more delicious than the usual dollop of whipped cream or marshmallow… (via Fit Foodie Finds)
6. Salted Dark Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies (Vegan, Paleo): A spoonful of salted chocolate goes perfectly with these almond flour shortbread cookies. We’d gladly nosh on a few while sipping on a cup of tea. (via My Purple Spoon)
8. Snickerdoodle ‘Nog Christmas Cookie Sticks (Vegan): Enjoy dipping these chewy sticks in everything from ‘nog to hot chocolate. (via Yeah…imma eat that)
9. Linzer Thumbprint Cookies: With half the typical amount of butter found in linzer cookies and a bit of whole grain flour tossed in for good measure, these treats still manage to be just as jolly as their less wholesome counterparts. (via Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
11. No-Bake Gingerbread Cookies: Oven-free, grain-free and delicious? You’d better believe it. These cutouts are straight from the freezer but manage to create nutritious, holiday-spice cookies. (via In It 4 the Long Run)
12. Two-Ingredient Cookies (Gluten-Free, Vegan): These magical cookies only require ripe banana and oats, although a handful of chocolate chips never hurt anything. The chewy cookies that result are a bit like banana bread, and every bit as good for breakfast. (via Pure Ella)
14. I Can’t Believe These Are Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies: Practically too good to be true, these healthy cookies are made with a surprising ingredient — let’s just say you probably have a can or two of it in your pantry already! (via Brit + Co)
What are some of your favorite ways to bake healthier treats around the holidays? Or do you prefer to go all out until the new year? Let’s talk below.