How Your Fave Celebs Are Staying Motivated and Winning at Life in 2017
Whether you make New Year’s resolutions or not, there’s no denying the sense of renewal that comes with the changing of the calendar year. Maybe you’ve been putting off getting your finances in order, and a fresh start is exactly what you need to pull off a money cleanse. And it never hurts to keep plugging away at your health and fitness journey, whatever it looks like for you.
Sometimes, resolutions are less about firm to-do list type statements and more about letting meaningful thoughts and intentions guide you. Here are some of the ways our fave celebs are doing just that in 2017.
1. Blake Lively: Blake showed signs of her openness to embracing change after her and Ryan Reynolds brought their kids to a public event late last year, something they’ve previously tried to avoid. This week, Blake shared a screengrab on Instagram of her NYE Facetime with her Traveling Pants sisters, writing, “This year has taught us a lot. But it’s reminded us to practice something we’ve always known…’Love your pals. Love yourself,'” making it clear that this would remain a guiding principle for her in 2017. It’s something we could all use a reminder of now and then.
View this post on Instagram
Walking into #2017 with boldness, excitement and confidence!! Thank you to all the people who helped me achieve so many of my goals, dreams and desires this past year! Dream big and get what you want.. Happy New Year!
A post shared by A S H L E Y G R A H A M (@ashleygraham) on
2. Ashley Graham: After a banner career year, it’d be easy for Ashley to maintain the status quo, but she’s doing anything but, and is instead taking the new year head on with an amazing message. “Walking into #2017 with boldness, excitement and confidence!!” she wrote on a runway photo. “Dream big and get what you want.” Amen!
3. Lea Michele: What better way to welcome a new year than with literally *all* of you? Lea is looking confident while baring all in this naked New Year’s snap, reminding us to be self-assured and open to anything. “Loving you so far 2017,” she captioned it. We hope she keeps this attitude all year.
4. Oprah Winfrey: Oprah decided long ago not to make resolutions anymore, but as she recently said on the Rachael Ray show, she works on sticking to lessons she’s learned in the past to get her through each year. “I have actually learned the great joy of being in the present moment,” she said. “So I can literally start crying over a leaf. I can walk in the morning and see the leaf [and cry], ‘There you are on the ground.’” May we all love life this much in 2017.
5. Miley Cyrus: Miley had an amazing New Year’s Eve, but she also paid for it when her partying showed up on her face in the form of acne (though if this is how good our bad skin looked, we’d be fine with it). “I deserve it,” she wrote. “Too much pizza. Not enough water. #firstpimpleof2017.” While Miley’s certainly not saying she won’t still enjoy her indulgences, she’s holding herself accountable to her actions here, which is something to aspire to in 2017 and beyond.
How are you staying motivated in 2017? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)