20 Ice Cream Sodas That Will Float Your Boat
Those soda fountains your parents talk about? Well, they're coming back in one tasty retro revival. But if you don't have one nearby, there's no need to panic. You can be your own soda jerk and make these fizzy, creamy cool down drinks right at home. That's right: All you need for these ice cream soda and float recipes is a scoop or two of ice cream, some fizzy soda… and maybe some booze. Next thing to master: Old school diner talk!
1. Boozy Biscoff Beer Floats: We’re kind of already obsessed with Biscoff (um hello, Speculoos Cookie butter!), but combine that delicious coffee butter flavor with ice cream and chocolate porter, and you’ve got one heck of a treat. We can’t decide if we want this float for brunch or dessert! (via Bakers Royale)
3. Cherry Spritzers: These champagne cocktails are as elegant as they are tart and sweet. This cherry bomb of a cocktail will be a hit at a bridal shower or girls’ night in. (via Peanut Butter and Peppers)
4. Coke Float Popsicles: All the flavor you love in a classic Coca-Cola float comes neatly packaged in fizzy popsicle form. Pssst… this recipe even calls for maple syrup. Can you say yum!? (via Lil’ Luna)
5. Vanilla Cherry Floats: This blend of classic flavors will be the cherry on top of your party. Mix grenadine with lime soda and vanilla ice cream — or try chocolate for a chocolate-covered cherry twist! (via Your Home Based Mom)
6. Prosecco Floats: Sweet bubbly is paired with not one but three light sorbets for this after dinner drink. We love how gorgeous layers of lemon, blackberry and raspberry sorbet look in these glasses. (via Bakers Royale)
7. Blueberry Maple Ice Cream Soda: This ice cream soda is like eating blueberry pancakes… in fizzy soda form! It's made with homemade maple ice cream and fresh blueberry sauce — basically breakfast as dessert. (via Hungry Girl por Vida)
8. Rum and Coke Float: If rum and coke is the cocktail that floats your boat, then you'll wish they served this version at your favorite bar. Bonus points for presentation to this blogger! (via Cooking Stoned)
9. Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Float: Nothing says it's getting hot outside like a fresh glass of lemonade. Well, that was until this ice cream and fresh strawberry version came along. (via Yellow Bliss Road)
10. Kahlua Floats: These flutes pack a whole lot of yum into just a few sips. We're talking coffee ice cream, sweet Kahlua and bubbles from a generous pour of champagne. We'll cheers to that! (via Heather Christo)
11. Gingerbread Ice Cream Floats: Next time Christmas rolls around, forget leaving Santa cookies and opt for this gingerbread float instead. It has all that good cookie flavor with a helping of cream soda and vanilla ice cream on top. (via Love and Olive Oil)
12. Caramel Apple Cider Float: You don't need to wait around until fall for this sparkling cider (though fresh pressed always tastes best!). It has all that caramel apple flavor you love packed into one glass. (via Mel's Kitchen Cafe)
13. Guinness Float: Alright dark beer lovers, this one's for you! This float is made up of nothing more than vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and a bottle of Guinness… talk about goodness! (via Gimme Some Oven)
14. Sparkling Strawberry Float: This pretty-in-pink float takes the cake with its fruity flavors. It's light enough to start off your night (just add a little champagne or vodka) and sweet enough to end with for dessert. (via Dessert Now Dinner Later)
15. Orange Cream Floats: Was the Creamsicle your favorite treat from the ice cream truck? Then you'll love this float version. You can even make it ahead of time and freeze until guests arrive — if you can wait that long. (via Betty Crocker)
16. Hot Chocolate Floats: What a genius idea! Skip the marshmallows and add scoops of ice cream to your favorite hot chocolate instead. With every sip you'll get a delicious vanilla-chocolate swirl. (via Sugar Hero)
17. Shirley Temple Ice Cream Sodas: Just when you thought Shirley Temples couldn't get any better, they went ahead and added ice cream to the mix. That's right, your cherry-flavored favorite just got one heaping scoop better. (via Fine Cooking)
18. Strawberry Ice Cream Soda: If you're the one who always orders the strawberry shake, give this fizzy version a try. It's got all that creamy richness and strawberry flavor you crave… with bubbles! (via All She Cooks)
19. Rhubarb Float: There's never been a better pairing for the trendy stalk. Tart rhubarb gets the ultimate complement from rich buttermilk ice cream and, of course, a splash of soda water. (via Martha Stewart)
20. Italian Cream Soda: Ok, you caught us. Italian cream sodas don't have any ice cream — but their flavors mimic ice cream soda so well that we had to include one recipe in our lineup. Make yours with raspberry syrup, cream, soda water and a healthy topping of whipped cream. (via Butter, With a Side of Bread)
Tell us which fizzy flavor combos really float your boat @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)