15 Totally Awesome Junk Food Hacks to Make Now
Let’s be real: Junk food is designed to be delicious straight out of the package, but sometimes we just want to go ALL out. From dinner to dessert, these 15 unreal hacks take our fave snacks to the next gluttonous level. Reach for this collection of recipes the next time you have extra chips, crackers, cereal and the like on hand, and they’ll soon be transformed into something extra special in almost no time at all.
1. Fruity Pebbles Funfetti Cake: Switch up your usual confetti cake recipe by swapping out sprinkles for Fruity Pebbles. They’re just as colorful, and add a little somethin’ extra to every bite. (via Butterlust)
6. Frito Chocolate Chip Cookies: Salted chocolate is a flavor duo we can always get behind. These cookies take things to the next level by introducing a little bit of extra-irresistible texture to the mix. (via Dessert for Two)
7. Frito Cheesecake Layer Cake (Vegan): Made with a blend of cashew cream and non-dairy cream cheese, this cheese-less cheesecake is fluffier and less rich-tasting than its New York-style counterparts. To keep it from feeling too virtuous, a Frito cake and crumb topping join in on the fun. (via How to Philosophize With Cake)
8. Strawberry Jam Bundt Cake: You need hardly any ingredients at all to bake up this beautiful bundt. Boxed cake mix, a tub of frosting and a jar of jam are elevated with the addition of fresh berries and white chocolate. (via The Lazy Mom’s Cooking Blog)
9. Cheetos Marshmallow Crispy Treats: Craving a savory twist on the usual Rice Krispies Treat? Look no further. Flamin’ Hot Cheetos (or original, if you prefer less heat) are tossed in a mix of ‘mallows and butter to create these colorful squares. (via Seeded at the Table)
11. Strange Magic Cookie Bars: There’s a whole lotta snack-aisle goodness going on in these bars. Pretzels, crumbled Oreos and peanuts mingle with coconut, chocolate and more to create these sweet-salty, strangely magical squares. (via Almost Supermom)
12. Crispy Baked Fish Sticks With Greek Yogurt Tartar Sauce: These crispy fish sticks go to show that crackers can easily go beyond an accompaniment for cheese or soup. (via Port and Fin)
15. S’mores Sandwich Cookies: It’s hard not to love these classy, campfire-free s’mores cookie sandwiches. Caramelized meringue and crumbled graham crackers stuffed between two brownie-like cookies is a winning combo that everyone’s sure to love. (via Brit + Co)
Which of these creations tempts you most of all? Share your picks with us in the comments!