15 Snack Food Transformations You Have to See to Believe
We’re no stranger to taking snack foods to the next level, but today we’re going beyond the usual graham cracker crust and chocolate-covered pretzels. Get ready for some massive temptation with this collection of 15 all-new sweet and salty transformations. Not enough snack aisle action for you? You can always hack your ice machine into a candy dispenser to satisfy your cravings for sweets with just the push of a button.
1. BBQ Trail Mix: Aww yeah, we’ve got some major snack food synergy going on in this mix. Boosted by a smokey jerky, this is one protein-packed munchie where the whole is no doubt greater than the sum of its parts. (via Handmade Mood)
2. Speculoos Cheese Cake: With enough cookie (butter) action in the filling, this cheesecake cleverly deviates from the usual graham crust. We’re already swooning over the buttery malted pretzel base that takes its place. (via The Moonblush Baker)
8. Flaming Cheetos + Arugula Grilled Cheese: We’ve been adding potato chips to our browned-bagged sandwiches since grade school, so this Cheetos-stuffed grilled cheese definitely has our name written allllll over it. (via Lady and Pups)
10. Five-Ingredient Puppy Chow Ritz Cracker Cookies: Here, a classic snack mix gets revamped with the help of buttery Ritz crackers. These no-bake cookies are definitely a fun holiday activity to get the kiddos involved in. (via Half Baked Harvest)
12. Piggy Pancakes: Add some savory bacon flair to your next short stack by using crushed pork rinds in place of flour. Seriously. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by just how light, fluffy and crave-able they are. (via Jules Food)
14. Homemade Cookie Butter: A triplicate of snack aisle cookies is just what you need to make your very own, from-scratch cookie butter. It may be even more tempting than the original. Yeah, we went there. (via Brown Sugar)
Share your ideas for making store-bought snacks into original creations with us below.