20 Fancy Lace Dresses to Get Wined and Dined In
You can probably tell by now that we’re laying out all of our Valentine’s Day outfit options before we choose a clear winner. So far, we’ve ogled at Little Red Dresses and snatched up the most colorful wrap dresses around, but we still feel like there’s uncharted styles left to explore. When we noticed that there are tons of fancy lace frocks on the market, we knew we had to do a deep dive. These 20 lacy looks might just be the perfect get-ups to get wined and dined in—they’ll stand up to the romance of the holiday and can easily be reworn to all those Spring weddings you’ve been invited too. That seems hard to beat! Looking to keep things on the cheap? Use this list as inspiration for your next lace DIY!
1. Patchwork Lace Pencil Dress ($298): Contrasting lace panels add a graphic touch to this delicate dress. We’re nuts about the patterns that emerge from this overlay.
2. Lovely Lace Sheath Dress ($28): If you’re idea of a lace dress is something billowy and fussy, this streamlined sheath will make you think again. With contrast piping and a modern high neck, this is the lace dress perfect for babes with a more minimal style.
3. Nha Khanh Red Lace Dahlia Dress ($100): The natural scalloped neckline on this lace dress is everything! We love that the design is mirrored at the hemline, which is amped up with flirty nude tulle.
4. Vila Beirut Dress With Lace Detail ($47): This eye-catching cap sleeved dress would be a serious stunner on its own, but with the added sheer lace panels bringing attention to all the right places, it should make its way straight to the top of your must have list.
5. ML Monique Lhuillier Chasing Clouds Dress ($40): Now this is a foolproof way to look lovely in lace. With elbow-length sleeves, a boat neckline, and a full skirt with pockets, this blue hued dress is as sweet as you can get.
6. Oasis Lace Sleeve Skater Dress ($60): We’re absolutely floored by this modern lace dress. Two of the most delicate fabrics known to man—crepe and of course, lace—are expertly tailored to create a frock that looks structured, yet totally feminine. Swoon!
7. Asos Curve Exclusive Peplum Dress in Lace ($70): Pleated lace peplum FTW! The sheer lace back and scalloped detail on the stretch skirt come in at a close second and third.
8. Honeyed Lace Dress ($80): Sparkly bronze lace acts as a lovely sheath over a black, cami-cut slip. The black satin sash makes this metallic dress even more glam.
9. Capitola Bodycon Dress ($47): Curvy girls, do your body proud and rock it in this pencil cut bodycon dress. If you thought that strip by the neckline was all the lace you’re getting, you just wait till this beauty struts past you ;)
10. Little Mistress Lace Broderie Prom Dress ($38): The daisy patterned lace overlay is the main attraction on this sweet ‘50s-inspired dress. We’d twist the night away in that swingin’ full skirt.
11. French Connection Printed Lace Shift Dress ($156): Ten deep into this roundup means that we’re not strangers to a beautiful lace overlay, but can we please talk about this amazing floral pattern that pops underneath it? Clashing patterns and textures was a risky move, but it totally paid off in our eyes—it’s one of our favorites on this list.
12. Paper Doll Pencil Dress With Eyelash Lace ($102): Eyelash lace contours a flattering hourglass shape onto this white pencil dress like a dream. It’s a silhouette that’s sure to be a great fit for nearly any figure.
13. Robert Rodriguez Black Label Berry Wild Lace Gown ($125): Now this is the ultimate way to wear a lace maxi—not dripping in it from head to toe, but ever so perfectly placed as head-turning trim on this asymmetrical gown.
14. Kay Unger Speck Tacular Sheath ($30): The mix of sheer and sparkle on this dress is totally insane! We’re obsessed with this metallic jacquard that’s tamed to a tasteful center panel with lace overlay.
15. Celeste Lace Dress ($43): Children of the ‘90s, get ready to rock the high neck once again this spring. The comeback, for better or worse, actually looks lovely on this white lace dress, adding a sporty element to this ultra feminine silhouette.
16. Whistles Rebecca Dress in Lace ($158): Here’s another unmistakably modern way to wear lace. The cut crew neckline and relaxed sheer sleeves add an effortless feel to this structured number that’s complete with gems like front pockets and an exposed back zipper.
17. Jay Godfrey Iris Lace Sheath ($30): The thick lace trim acts as an elegant embellishment on this iris colored sheath dress. We love how it acts as a faux peplum around the waist, too!
18. Mina Mesh and Lace Dress ($71): We’re bowled over by the mix of girly and sophisticated frills in this dress. Can’t you just picture Zosia Mamet from Girls killing it on the red carpet in this?
19. Hybrid Pencil Dress With Plunge Neck and Lace Skirt ($176): The neutral toned color block neckline leads your eye straight to the smokin’ pencil skirt boasting a gorgeous lace overlay. The olive branch-inspired pattern is totally unique.
20. Nha Khanh Karla Dress ($40): Just imagine the reaction you’d get walking into a cocktail reception in this simply severe lace dress! You’d own the room, darling!
How are you sorting out what to wear for Valentine’s Day? Going for something flowy and romantic or channeling that inner vixen? Tell us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.