You can probably tell by now that we’re laying out all of our Valentine’s Day outfit options before we choose a clear winner. So far, we’ve ogled at Little Red Dresses and snatched up the most colorful wrap dresses around, but we still feel like there’s uncharted styles left to explore. When we noticed that there are tons of fancy lace frocks on the market, we knew we had to do a deep dive. These 20 lacy looks might just be the perfect get-ups to get wined and dined in—they’ll stand up to the romance of the holiday and can easily be reworn to all those Spring weddings you’ve been invited too. That seems hard to beat! Looking to keep things on the cheap? Use this list as inspiration for your next lace DIY!
1. Patchwork Lace Pencil Dress ($298): Contrasting lace panels add a graphic touch to this delicate dress. We’re nuts about the patterns that emerge from this overlay.
2. Lovely Lace Sheath Dress ($28): If you’re idea of a lace dress is something billowy and fussy, this streamlined sheath will make you think again. With contrast piping and a modern high neck, this is the lace dress perfect for babes with a more minimal style.
3. Nha Khanh Red Lace Dahlia Dress ($100): The natural scalloped neckline on this lace dress is everything! We love that the design is mirrored at the hemline, which is amped up with flirty nude tulle.
4. Vila Beirut Dress With Lace Detail ($47): This eye-catching cap sleeved dress would be a serious stunner on its own, but with the added sheer lace panels bringing attention to all the right places, it should make its way straight to the top of your must have list.
5. ML Monique Lhuillier Chasing Clouds Dress ($40): Now this is a foolproof way to look lovely in lace. With elbow-length sleeves, a boat neckline, and a full skirt with pockets, this blue hued dress is as sweet as you can get.
6. Oasis Lace Sleeve Skater Dress ($60): We’re absolutely floored by this modern lace dress. Two of the most delicate fabrics known to man—crepe and of course, lace—are expertly tailored to create a frock that looks structured, yet totally feminine. Swoon!
7. Asos Curve Exclusive Peplum Dress in Lace ($70): Pleated lace peplum FTW! The sheer lace back and scalloped detail on the stretch skirt come in at a close second and third.
8. Honeyed Lace Dress ($80): Sparkly bronze lace acts as a lovely sheath over a black, cami-cut slip. The black satin sash makes this metallic dress even more glam.
9. Capitola Bodycon Dress ($47): Curvy girls, do your body proud and rock it in this pencil cut bodycon dress. If you thought that strip by the neckline was all the lace you’re getting, you just wait till this beauty struts past you ;)
10. Little Mistress Lace Broderie Prom Dress ($38): The daisy patterned lace overlay is the main attraction on this sweet ‘50s-inspired dress. We’d twist the night away in that swingin’ full skirt.
11. French Connection Printed Lace Shift Dress ($156): Ten deep into this roundup means that we’re not strangers to a beautiful lace overlay, but can we please talk about this amazing floral pattern that pops underneath it? Clashing patterns and textures was a risky move, but it totally paid off in our eyes—it’s one of our favorites on this list.
12. Paper Doll Pencil Dress With Eyelash Lace ($102): Eyelash lace contours a flattering hourglass shape onto this white pencil dress like a dream. It’s a silhouette that’s sure to be a great fit for nearly any figure.
13. Robert Rodriguez Black Label Berry Wild Lace Gown ($125): Now this is the ultimate way to wear a lace maxi—not dripping in it from head to toe, but ever so perfectly placed as head-turning trim on this asymmetrical gown.
14. Kay Unger Speck Tacular Sheath ($30): The mix of sheer and sparkle on this dress is totally insane! We’re obsessed with this metallic jacquard that’s tamed to a tasteful center panel with lace overlay.
15. Celeste Lace Dress ($43): Children of the ‘90s, get ready to rock the high neck once again this spring. The comeback, for better or worse, actually looks lovely on this white lace dress, adding a sporty element to this ultra feminine silhouette.
16. Whistles Rebecca Dress in Lace ($158): Here’s another unmistakably modern way to wear lace. The cut crew neckline and relaxed sheer sleeves add an effortless feel to this structured number that’s complete with gems like front pockets and an exposed back zipper.
17. Jay Godfrey Iris Lace Sheath ($30): The thick lace trim acts as an elegant embellishment on this iris colored sheath dress. We love how it acts as a faux peplum around the waist, too!
18. Mina Mesh and Lace Dress ($71): We’re bowled over by the mix of girly and sophisticated frills in this dress. Can’t you just picture Zosia Mamet from Girls killing it on the red carpet in this?
19. Hybrid Pencil Dress With Plunge Neck and Lace Skirt ($176): The neutral toned color block neckline leads your eye straight to the smokin’ pencil skirt boasting a gorgeous lace overlay. The olive branch-inspired pattern is totally unique.
20. Nha Khanh Karla Dress ($40): Just imagine the reaction you’d get walking into a cocktail reception in this simply severe lace dress! You’d own the room, darling!
How are you sorting out what to wear for Valentine’s Day? Going for something flowy and romantic or channeling that inner vixen? Tell us in the comments below.