20 Fancy Lace Dresses to Get Wined and Dined In
You can probably tell by now that we’re laying out all of our Valentine’s Day outfit options before we choose a clear winner. So far, we’ve ogled at Little Red Dresses and snatched up the most colorful wrap dresses around, but we still feel like there’s uncharted styles left to explore. When we noticed that there are tons of fancy lace frocks on the market, we knew we had to do a deep dive. These 20 lacy looks might just be the perfect get-ups to get wined and dined in—they’ll stand up to the romance of the holiday and can easily be reworn to all those Spring weddings you’ve been invited too. That seems hard to beat! Looking to keep things on the cheap? Use this list as inspiration for your next lace DIY!
1. Patchwork Lace Pencil Dress ($298): Contrasting lace panels add a graphic touch to this delicate dress. We’re nuts about the patterns that emerge from this overlay.
2. Lovely Lace Sheath Dress ($28): If you’re idea of a lace dress is something billowy and fussy, this streamlined sheath will make you think again. With contrast piping and a modern high neck, this is the lace dress perfect for babes with a more minimal style.
3. Nha Khanh Red Lace Dahlia Dress ($100): The natural scalloped neckline on this lace dress is everything! We love that the design is mirrored at the hemline, which is amped up with flirty nude tulle.
4. Vila Beirut Dress With Lace Detail ($47): This eye-catching cap sleeved dress would be a serious stunner on its own, but with the added sheer lace panels bringing attention to all the right places, it should make its way straight to the top of your must have list.
5. ML Monique Lhuillier Chasing Clouds Dress ($40): Now this is a foolproof way to look lovely in lace. With elbow-length sleeves, a boat neckline, and a full skirt with pockets, this blue hued dress is as sweet as you can get.
6. Oasis Lace Sleeve Skater Dress ($60): We’re absolutely floored by this modern lace dress. Two of the most delicate fabrics known to man—crepe and of course, lace—are expertly tailored to create a frock that looks structured, yet totally feminine. Swoon!
7. Asos Curve Exclusive Peplum Dress in Lace ($70): Pleated lace peplum FTW! The sheer lace back and scalloped detail on the stretch skirt come in at a close second and third.
8. Honeyed Lace Dress ($80): Sparkly bronze lace acts as a lovely sheath over a black, cami-cut slip. The black satin sash makes this metallic dress even more glam.
9. Capitola Bodycon Dress ($47): Curvy girls, do your body proud and rock it in this pencil cut bodycon dress. If you thought that strip by the neckline was all the lace you’re getting, you just wait till this beauty struts past you ;)
10. Little Mistress Lace Broderie Prom Dress ($38): The daisy patterned lace overlay is the main attraction on this sweet ‘50s-inspired dress. We’d twist the night away in that swingin’ full skirt.
11. French Connection Printed Lace Shift Dress ($156): Ten deep into this roundup means that we’re not strangers to a beautiful lace overlay, but can we please talk about this amazing floral pattern that pops underneath it? Clashing patterns and textures was a risky move, but it totally paid off in our eyes—it’s one of our favorites on this list.
12. Paper Doll Pencil Dress With Eyelash Lace ($102): Eyelash lace contours a flattering hourglass shape onto this white pencil dress like a dream. It’s a silhouette that’s sure to be a great fit for nearly any figure.
13. Robert Rodriguez Black Label Berry Wild Lace Gown ($125): Now this is the ultimate way to wear a lace maxi—not dripping in it from head to toe, but ever so perfectly placed as head-turning trim on this asymmetrical gown.
14. Kay Unger Speck Tacular Sheath ($30): The mix of sheer and sparkle on this dress is totally insane! We’re obsessed with this metallic jacquard that’s tamed to a tasteful center panel with lace overlay.
15. Celeste Lace Dress ($43): Children of the ‘90s, get ready to rock the high neck once again this spring. The comeback, for better or worse, actually looks lovely on this white lace dress, adding a sporty element to this ultra feminine silhouette.
16. Whistles Rebecca Dress in Lace ($158): Here’s another unmistakably modern way to wear lace. The cut crew neckline and relaxed sheer sleeves add an effortless feel to this structured number that’s complete with gems like front pockets and an exposed back zipper.
17. Jay Godfrey Iris Lace Sheath ($30): The thick lace trim acts as an elegant embellishment on this iris colored sheath dress. We love how it acts as a faux peplum around the waist, too!
18. Mina Mesh and Lace Dress ($71): We’re bowled over by the mix of girly and sophisticated frills in this dress. Can’t you just picture Zosia Mamet from Girls killing it on the red carpet in this?
19. Hybrid Pencil Dress With Plunge Neck and Lace Skirt ($176): The neutral toned color block neckline leads your eye straight to the smokin’ pencil skirt boasting a gorgeous lace overlay. The olive branch-inspired pattern is totally unique.
20. Nha Khanh Karla Dress ($40): Just imagine the reaction you’d get walking into a cocktail reception in this simply severe lace dress! You’d own the room, darling!
How are you sorting out what to wear for Valentine’s Day? Going for something flowy and romantic or channeling that inner vixen? Tell us in the comments below.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.