As effortless as they make, well, pretty much everything look, sometimes celebs need a little help getting the things they want to do done. Case in point? Kristin Cavallari, who called upon private NFL chef Mike Kubiesa for a little help in the kitchen this week. Or Elsa Pataky (aka 1/2 of the cutest low-key couple on Instagram), who was open to getting new lunch box ideas from Instagram fans. Reese Witherspoon also got a little aid in the kitchen when she turned to a cookbook by a fellow famous face. We get by with a little help from our friends, indeed. Check out the results of their aided quests, along with seven other of this week’s celeb DIYs below!
1. Reese Witherspoon: Reese supported gal pal @gwynethpaltrow by trying her hand at the actress’s recipes from her cookbook, It’s So Easy: Delicious Weekday Recipes for the Super-Busy Home Cook ($21). “Trying my best, @gwynethpaltrow, to make it look like #ItsSoEasy! #WishMeLuck!”
2. Lucy Hale: Though Lucy didn’t make these herself, stealing the post from @highbrow, it’s a totally easy DIY to be completed with just a few safety pins, scissors and a marker.
3. Lo Bosworth: We’re totally mesmerized by this homemade yogurt ice cream vid Lo posted while cooking for her man — the recipe for which she promised to share on her blog soon. Can’t wait!
4. Vanessa Lachey: Vanessa helps us savor the last few weeks of summer with some homemade lemonade recipes. “Check them out and us having some backyard fun!” she writes.
5. Kristin Cavallari: Kristin Cavallari got some help from a friend to make some fresh, homemade pasta. “Finally used my pasta maker for the first time!” she says proudly. “@mkubiesa (a private chef for the NFL) came over to teach me how to make ravioli today.”
6. Kelly Osbourne: Kelly tried out a DIY beauty hack, which she shared with all of us, writing, “If you shave your legs with dry skin and body lotion, your spray tan does NOT come off!” Genius!
7. Elsa Pataky: Elsa turned to Instagram for DIY inspiration for homemade lunches, writing, “I’m running out of ideas for the kids’ lunchboxes! Help!” We’ve got a few ideas for you, Elsa… Just sayin.’
8. Geri Horner: Geri relished in the fruits of her labors (har, har), simply writing, “Home grown.”
9. Molly Sims: “I’ve noticed everyone is OBSESSED with agua frescas lately so we had to give it a try,” Molly writes of these yummy-looking concoctions. Bonus? “It’s a great ‘mocktail’ for pregnant mommas!” Find out how she makes them here.
10. Courtney Sixx: As the How2Girl, Courtney Sixx is so serious about DIY, she has an entire craft closet! “After a million hours I finally got my craft closet whipped into shape!” she celebrates. “My How2Girl studio is my happy place.”
Which celeb do you think earned the most creativity points this week? Cast your vote over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)