8 of the Best Bento Box Lunch Ideas for Kids
The simplest definition of bento is a boxed lunch. But even though you're thinking “inside the box," bento boxes for your kiddos are meant to be cute and a little silly. Whether you consider yourself creatively challenged or not, you can make these lunch boxes a fun way to include your little one's favorite treats along with healthy snacks. From edible animals to cool cutouts, these 8 bento box ideas will give you some inspiration on where to start in making the coolest packed lunches ever.
2. Dino Bento: How adorable is that polka dotted dinosaur egg in the nest of pretzels? The dino sandwiches are actually easy to make with a cookie cutter and some quick spiky cuts of lunch meat. (via Wendolonia)
3. Cutout Shapes: If you think putting together a bento box is a lot of work, then you just need to pick up some cookie cutters. Kids go crazy for food in fun shapes, and you might even get them to try something new if it’s disguised as a flower. (via Love from the Oven)
9. Teddy Bear Bento: You can use peanut butter to hold this adorable teddy bear together, and the chocolate chip details double as dessert. Fill the other side with snacks like yogurt, pretzels, cheese cubes and fresh fruit. (via She Knows)
4. Stick to Basics: The fun thing about a bento box is that you can literally cut up anything into cute shapes and the kids won’t care that it’s not fancy, prepackaged food. Make a list of their favorite carbs, fruits, veggies and proteins and then pick a couple from each category for a perfectly balanced meal that takes almost no prep time. (via Wendolonia)
Have you tried making a bento box lunch? Share with us @BritandCo!
This article has been updated from a previous post.
- 10 Ways to Trick Kids into Eating a Healthy Breakfast - Brit + Co ›
- 18 5-Ingredient After-School Snacks - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Healthy (Kid-Approved!) After School Snack Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 16 Tricks for Getting Your Kids to Eat Veggies - Brit + Co ›
- Vegetarian Recipes You and Your Kids Will Love - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Finger Food Recipes for Your Baby or Toddler to Move Past Purees - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Nutritious, Delicious + Kid-Approved Recipes - Brit + Co ›