Why should kids have all the fun? With so many of our favorite brands launching kids-only lines (Crate and Barrel owns The Land of Nod, etc.), we decided it was time to do some shopping in the kids’ section. There are so many fun, colorful decor ideas that won’t feel out of place in your apartment, even if you don’t have kids of your own. Here are our favorites–everything from fun furniture to desk accessories that are sure to brighten your day.
1. Mini Lazy Susan ($31-$39): Bright colors are key for keeping your office space cheery, and these mini color wheels are perfect for stashing pens, pencils, and miscellaneous office supplies. Or use them for your craft supplies!
2. Ava Nightstand ($679): We love mirrored furniture, and this little nightstand is no exception. The antique finish is a nice touch that makes it fancy without being too gaudy.
3. ducduc Oslo 3- Drawer Dresser ($1,499): What is it about kids furniture that lends itself so well to color? We’d love this bright orange and white chest for our own homes.
4. Krokig Clothes Stand ($25): You might not be able to hang a maxi dress on it (it’s only 51 inches tall, after all), but this bright coat and clothes rack is perfect for jewelry, scarves, and your collection of reusable totes.
5. Gunmetal Schoolhouse Desk ($150): If you’re going for a vintage look in your home, this school desk is perfect as a phone table or an entry table to drop your keys. We’d also stash away cables and chargers in the desk portion.
6. Preppy Paper Desk Accessories – Pool Dottie ($39): Make your desk a little less staid with these bright teal and white accessories. You never know it might just make those work from home days a little more fun.
7. Echo Rug ($200-$400): Add a pop of color to your room with this bright, spiral rug. Go for the smaller version if you don’t want it to take over the whole room.
8. Lucky Fish Elephant Pillow ($85): This green foil elephant is just what your sofa needs.
10. Jenny Lind Bookcase in Raspberry ($299): This bright pinkish-red bookcase would actually make the perfect bar in a grown-up apartment. It’s an easy way to add color to your living room or dining room.
12. Hand Shadow Puppet Chart ($190): We can imagine this will come in handy for after-dinner-party entertainment. Who doesn’t love a good shadow puppet show?
13. Shine-On Clip Light ($34): Clip on lamps are great for their versatility, but they usually end up looking too industrial. That’s why we’re big fans of these candy colored ones. (Plus, the price is totally reasonable.)
15. Fairy Tale Framed Poster ($99): Who wouldn’t want one of these graphic prints as part of a gallery wall? Available for Mary Poppins, Little Red Riding Hood, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, Rapunzel, and The Princess and the Pea, you can easily find one that fits in with your decor.
16. Chelsea Jewelry Armoire ($349): First of all, if you have enough jewelry to warrant a separate piece of furniture, consider us jealous. Second, we love the necklace storage in this armoire. Say goodbye to tangled necklaces!
17. Karlsson Wall Woodpecker ($87): This cutout woodpecker clock is the perfect thing to for your nest. We bet you could even turn it into a family tree as well.
18. My Style Kelsey Stripe Rug ($145): This bold, striped rug might be from the kids section, but no one will ever know the difference. It’s the perfect way to add a pop of color.
19. Needlepoint Lion Pillow ($98): We love Jonathan Adler’s needlepoint pillows no matter their intended audience! This brightly maned lion is no exception.
21. Mercury Glass Bulldog Lamp ($60): The perfect lamp for those who love dogs but can’t have one. This shiny gold bulldog is what’s been missing from you apartment.
22. Lottie Dots Decal ($25): Gold polka dots on the walls? Are you sure these are meant for kids? We definitely want to cover our bathroom walls in them!
What’s your favorite find from a “kids store?” Share the link below!