13 Outdoor Entertaining Finds at Kohl’s to Get You Set for Summer
Right now, the *only* place we’re interested in being is outside, livin’ that patio life! And while we LOVE a good backyard DIY, sometimes a girl’s just gotta shop. Enter Kohl’s: The budget-friendly retailer has some majorly crush-worthy entertaining pieces, from pillows to patio sets to placemats, all of which just cry out for a summer party. We’re soooo ready to get stocked up for the season! Scroll down for some of our fave picks.
1. Griffith Metal Outdoor Dining 5-Piece Set ($580): When bright pops of color meet retro design, we are happy campers. Just think of all the ‘Gram-worthy summer table settings you can build with this too-cute dining set.
2. Vera Cruz 12-piece Melamine Dinnerware Set ($140): Dress up #tacotuesday and all of your other al fresco meals with these fun melamine plates. They’re the perfect option for parties because they do.not.break.
3. Safavieh Courtyard Trellis Indoor Outdoor Rug ($35-$360): Defining a seating area is no less important when it’s outdoors. Have even more fun by choosing a bright hue for your patio or deck space: Peach, lime, turquoise blue … You’ve got options!
4. Fire Sense Revolver Convertible Fire Pit ($230): Fire pits take backyard entertaining from ho-hum to heck yes, but when your outdoor space is at a premium, get crafty with a find like this convertible table. It’ll hold your summer cocktails by day before transforming into your gathering spot by night.
5. SONOMA Goods for Life Medallion Indoor Outdoor Stool ($80): You can never have enough stools that do double duty. Nab this Moroccan-inspired indoor/outdoor stool and you have not only a fun color pop but also the seating and table space you need.
6. SONOMA Goods for Life Biscay Patio Cuddle Arm Chair & Ottoman 2-Piece Set ($600): That sassy little stool fits right in when you’re kicking back with a beach read on this aptly named “cuddle chair.”
7. Celebrate Summer Together Drink Floatie 4-Pack ($20): If you didn’t hop on the drink-floating bandwagon last summer, get with the program ASAP! You can grab these summery drink-friendly floaties in a four-pack for you and your friends.
8. Celebrate Summer Together 3-Piece Tropical Stacking Container Set ($30): On point for for bringing along to neighborly get-togethers and perfect for all of your styled “backyard barbecue” photos, these tropical containers are party-ready.
9. Crosley Furniture Palm Harbor Patio Sectional Chair, Ottoman & Coffee Table 8-Piece Set ($1,940): If this is the year that you’re building your patio, seek out a versatile, high-quality investment set. This 8-piece set is all-weather, can be configured in a variety of ways and won’t break the bank.
10. Picnic Time Legacy 8-piece Margarita Chip & Dip Serving Table Set ($130): Is there anything better than chips and salsa paired with fresh margs? How about bringing them along on a picnic or serving them up in your newly decked-out backyard? We just about lost it when we saw this serving set of our dreams.
11. Celebrate Summer Together Palm Cut-Out Placemat ($9): Forget those tacky plastic tablecloths. Breathe some luau vibes into your outdoor setup with a collection of these tropical placemats.
12. Safavieh 9-ft. Striped Scalloped Trim Patio Umbrella ($280): We love a little retro nod, so when we saw this navy-striped umbrella, we cheered! Channel those south-of-France vibes no matter where you’re summering.
13. SONOMA Goods for Life Indoor/Outdoor Pillow & Cushion Collection ($20+): From pineapples to palm fronds, this pillow selection is on point. Mix and match these bright colors and quirky designs to make your patio your own.
Want more summer fun? Follow us on Pinterest for the best outdoor entertaining pieces around!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)