Take Center Stage With 15 Ballerina-Inspired Wedding Gowns
Think it’s too late to fulfill your childhood dream of becoming a ballerina? Don’t give up hope just yet — modern brides are dancing down the aisle in ballet-inspired wedding gowns that are a far cry from the glittery pink leotard you used to twirl around in as a kid. We’re talking dresses so fanciful and glamorous, even the Sugar Plum Fairy herself would be jealous. Check out these 15 show-stopping styles, and get ready to take center stage as the star of your day.
3. Barbara Leber ($980 Corset + $750 Skirt): Bring out your inner Misty Copeland in a skirt and corset combo that’s as ideal for the aisle as it is the stage.
5. Ouma ($398): Be a blushing bride, at least as far as your gown’s concerned, by stepping out in a feminine party dress that’s been hand-dyed and covered in layers of dreamy tulle.
7. Reem Acra: Even if you aren’t getting ready to take a turn in this year’s Nutcracker, a tutu-inspired dress makes it easy to pretend. We especially love this one’s semi-sheer bodice and dazzling design work.
8. Cortana: Pair Cortana’s brocade top and corseted-waist skirt for a look that’s simple, modest and undeniably beautiful.
9. Amsale: Ever timeless and elegant, an illusion neckline gives your gown the ultimate finishing touch.
11. Jean Louis Sabaji: Who doesn’t love Swan Lake? Feathery frills promise a fun, flirty look that’s truly one of a kind.
13. Rosa Clara: Want to rock a full-skirted look without having to don a heavy ballgown? This tea-length dress will make it seem as if you’re floating down the aisle on a cloud. (via Colin Cowie Weddings)
15. Tova’s Vintage Shop: This vintage dress is inspo for the bride who can’t get enough sparkle. Vintage boutiques offer a treasure trove of glam finds, like this 1950s sequined dress. (via Carla Ten Eyck Photography)
Would you wear a ballet-inspired wedding dress? Share your favorites below.