These 14 Pieces Prove Ruffles CAN Be Cool
Maybe ruffles aren’t the first things that come to mind when you’re trying to put together a date-night outfit that strikes just the right balance of edgy, sexy and romantic. But all ruffles are not created equal. Let’s set the record straight — it’s totally possible to rock ruffles without looking like Little Bo Beep. Don’t believe us? We promise these 14 flirty, feminine and totally cool tops, frocks and skirts will elevate your Valentine’s Day style.
1. Mango Fluted-Hem Blouse ($30): This vibrant topper is perfect for Valentine’s Day — the color is totally on point. But what we really love is the shirt’s relaxed fit that gives the ruffled hem a more laid-back look.
2. H&M Sleeveless Ruffled Dress ($60): Forget frilly; this ruffle-hemmed dress is cool and contemporary. The bright blue scuba fabric is on trend, but it’s the asymmetrically cut ruffles that drive the look home.
4. ASOS CURVE Jumpsuit in Scuba With One Shoulder ($85): With its dramatic neckline, striking jewel-tone hue and scuba material, this jumpsuit is the piece you need if you’re looking to make a grand entrance. It’s sure to turn heads.
5. Nasty Gal Thread Lightly Top ($58): You’d think eyelet + ruffles would be a recipe for a fashion disaster, but this fun, flirty top is anything but. Dress it up with sleek, tailored pieces for a Valentine’s look that is both stylish and sweet.
6. Forever 21 Ruffle Trim Romper ($30): We’re all about fuss-free style, especially when it comes to holidays, which is why we love this simple, sassy romper. Throw it on and get on with the festivities.
7. H&M Ruffled Crêpe Dress ($50): Looking for something a little more sophisticated? This understated shift dress, with its strategically situated ruffles, seriously delivers.
8. Plenty by Tracy Reese Flared Faux-Leather Skirt ($148): If you’re a no-frills kind of girl, this ruffled faux-leather skirt will give you the edgy look you love, but with a subtle feminine touch.
9. Red Long Sleeve Ruffle Top ($17): Not totally sold on the ruffle idea? These sheer ruffled sleeves make this sweater the ideal entry-level piece for ruffle-phobes (yup, we just made that word up) this V-day.
10. ASOS Crepe Ruffle Sleeve Cold Shoulder Top ($53): Go ahead and give him the cold shoulder this Valentine’s Day. The ruffled cutout shoulders on this trendy tee pack plenty of eye-catching appeal.
11. DailyLook Ruffled Crop Top ($30): Short (literally) and sweet, this coquettish crop top (which comes in black too!) makes the ideal Valentine’s get-up when paired with an A-line midi skirt and heels.
13. Clu Too Plaid Ruffled Top ($54): If you’re hitting the lifts this Valentine’s Day, make this girly plaid top your après ski go-to. It pairs perfectly with fireside chats and a bottle of wine.
14. Tobi Ruffle Me Up Blouse ($32): Bold blooms are on our list of must-try trends this spring, so why not get a head start by rocking this flirty floral number for your Valentine’s Day rendezvous?